For being the #1 rated hotel in Anchorage on TA at the time of this writing I really expected a whole lot more. We generally like the Embassy Suites chains being Hilton Honors members and this hotel does a decent job of meeting the standard as far as customer service and accommodations, but there were a few things that bothered us. First of all upon check in there was no bell services so we got all our own luggage--that in and of itself doesn't bother me too much except that the only luggage cart we could find was poorly functional with a locking wheel that made it a pain to navigate. Okay fine, but then our room is at the far end of the hotel which requires a VERY long walk from the elevator. There are no elevators for the far end of the hotel and we walked further than we have ever had to walk from an elevator to a room--EVER. Okay, whatever we can deal with it because there were exit stairs and I figured we could just park the car near the far end and take the stairs up to our room instead of making a gigantic circle--no such luck. The stairs are exit only! This hotel is extremely poorly designed. I demanded a room change and luckily they were able to accommodate--but if they're full and you are stuck? Get ready to hike.
The location of the hotel is in a rather run down looking area of Anchorage that is a good 10-15 min drive to city center. Not that big a deal--if you're in AK you are probably doing lots of day excursions outside of town or just stopping over anyways. We found the rooms to be dated with very old carpet and an uncomfortable sectional couch. Otherwise the beds were decent and the suite was spacious. Breakfast was very crowded but very good for being included. They gave us two free drink coupons at the bar as well which was a nice touch. This place is okay. Nothing special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Hotel Anchorage is an all-suite full-service hotel that offers all the comforts of home and far more. The large well-appointed suites offer exceptional design and comfort as well as extensive guest amenities. Every hotel guest is offered a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and buffet along with a complimentary evening reception. Free parking and free Wi-Fi add to the benefits. We look forward to showing you why we are the preferred hotel by business and leisure travelers alike among all hotels in Anchorage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Anchorage Alaska