“Problems with changing room type”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Dillingham, United States
“Problems with changing room type”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Problem with ability of hotel and Hilton honors personnel in changing reservation type. My mistake in book smoking...didn't even know smoking was allowed in Hilton hotels anymore. Changing to non-smoking became a nightmare. Hotel was great and staff did everything they could to get me into a non-smoking room. The problem is the computerized reservation system. Way too much time and effort to fix what should have been a simple change. Also, get rid of the smoking room!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Julianne B
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for the review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay. I am sorry that you had challenges changing room types, which can be difficult when every suite in the hotel is occupied or reserved. I appreciate your feedback about the smoking rooms. Please come see us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Grand Rapids, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Embassy Suites Anchorage is fantastic full service hotel. The suites are clean, modern, and very nicely appointed. It's located close to food, shopping, and attractions. It has a laundry room, and the on-premise restaurant and bar are fantastic. Did I mention complimentary happy hour drinks and made-to-order omelettes and blueberry pancakes for breakfast?

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank Jonathan S. C
I am delighted to receive your positive review and pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy our services (and our excellent omeletes). We hope to meet all our guests expectations and look forward to your return to the Embassy.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Staff are very well trained and totally engaged in making your stay a memorable one. The rooms are very new/ modern and well equipped. Being a Hilton brand, the beds are their SUPER comfortable type with duvets. Liked how you still get 2 free drinks per person per room per day, even after the manager's reception is over by 7.30. Great free breakfast selection (loved the cutsom made omlettes).

Room Tip: There is a new smaller hotel being built behind this one, so pick rooms facing the parking lot at fr...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
I'm happy to see that you were able to enjoy so many of our wonderful amenities and comforts. The Embassy Suites brand places a lot of thought into the needs of the traveler. It's good to see that we got so many things right for you. I hope we will get the chance to see you again on your next trip to Anchorage. Thanks for your wonderful feedback.
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Please be aware that Embassy Suites is a bit deceptive in their description of their rooms. I was there on a business trip with a business associate but brought my daughter with me since we had never been to Alaska and had a free day to explore. We reserved a 2 Room Suite. Thinking we would get a two bedroom suite. Once bedroom for my business associate and another bedroom for my daughter and me. What we did not realize was that it is a not a 2 BEDROOM Suite but a 1 BEDROOM Suite. We went down to the Manager to ask about this and she had obviously been asked this question many times and unfortunately other travelers had thought it was 2 BEDROOMS. So please be aware that Embassy Suites is very creative with their descriptions. A 2 ROOM SUITE for Embassy Suites is what most other hotels call a ONE BEDROOM SUITE.

We will not be using Embassy Suites anytime soon.

Room Tip: Two room suite is ONLY a ONE bedroom suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Craig C
I am very sorry that you were unhappy with the Embassy Suites descriptive use of "two room suites". The hotel brand believes that the design of the suites with two completely separate rooms with closing door between fits that description. I can assure you that no one is trying to misrepresent or be deceptive. That philosophy only leads to unhappy guests and is certainly not anything we would want. I apologize to you for your dissatisfaction.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Have to like the suite style large rooms along with the enjoyable breakfast buffet. This is definitely one of Anchorage's best places to stay. It is out of the tourist crowds of downtown, so depending on your agenda this is a plus or not. For business travel, it is close to the airport and a good value by Anchorage standards.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy. I appreciate your feedback. Please come back and visit us again.
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I received extra-ordinary customer service by the hotel staff on several occasions during my stay at the Embassy Suites. During check in, we arrived with frozen fish fresh from our halibut fishing charter. When the hotel's freezer was full, the lobby staff went the extra mile to find storage at a nearby Hilton hotel, saving us the hassle and costs associated with airport freezer storage. At breakfast the next morning, again the staff went beyond my expectations, going to the back kitchen to fulfill my request for cinnamon for my morning oatmeal. The hotel staff is what separates this hotel from their competition.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I am thrilled reading your review. I am so pleased that you had such a great experience at the Embassy Suites Anchorage. Your appreciative words encourage the staff to continue their hard work. I am very lucky to have a staff that cares about all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.
los angeles
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our room had two queen beds, a sitting area, a mini fridge and microwave. The front desk service (Caitlin) was welcoming and helpful. The cost ($319 a night) included free breakfast with made to order omelettes, pancakes and lots of other food; a happy hour with snacks and free drinks; and - for the month of August - free wifi. (I hope they make it permanent!). There are also laundry machines on the premises, and good restaurants minutes away.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
We certainly appreciate your feedback and your business. We are glad that you had the opportunity to visit us for the first time. Your nice comments are appreciated. We do offer complimentary internet service presently. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.