“Quaint Comfort”

Ranked #16 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Portland, Oregon
“Quaint Comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were so pleased with our stay in this lovely old hotel. The rooms were small but clean and comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. We were leaving on a cruise the morning after our stay and were able to roll our suitcase down to the train station in a matter of minutes.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet and in the back of the building but I don't think traffic is really an issue...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kayPortland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We live an hour away from Anchorage and occasionally have to stay overnight. We always stay at the Anchorage Hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and neat and the breakfast is awesome! (Fresh fruit, make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, coffee and tea.)

It is in a great location.
I just love this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alaska G
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My friends and I stayed 2 nights at this lovely hotel in October. The front desk staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. We had a corner room with 2 beds separated by a wall; perfect for me and my married-couple friends. The area was quiet and safe and we could walk to all the nearby downtown attractions.
Morning breakfasts (included with stay) include fresh-made waffles, hard-boiled eggs, grapefruit (surprisingly tasty), cereal, bagels/cream cheese, coffee and juice. MUCH more extensive than I expected and quite delicious!
Highly recommended if you're staying in the area.

Room Tip: Room 302 has 2 separate double beds separated by a partial wall. 1 bathroom and a small kitchen alc...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KBSact0
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed for three nights after arriving in Alaska . It was a great place to recover from the jet lag! We felt the location was perfect and the breakfast a huge plus. This was a good hotel to base yourself in to access other tourist attractions before we started our tour of Alaska.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Plumb72
Monument Beach, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed in the hotel two nights and loved the historic feel of the place and the rooms. I was in a front room overlooking the street, which was very noisy, so I recommend a room on the back side, away from the street. The manager at the desk went out of her way to be helpful, including running one of my suitcases to the airport after I had forgotten it at the hotel.
The breakfast/bar area is right off the lobby, comfortable, nothing great, but an okay place to hang out for a while before going out or for early coffee.

Room Tip: Get a room in back, off the street, for a quiet sleep. I did get a kick out of the street side as t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank idablittle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

This was a very quaint & charming hotel!!! The staff was great!! Always friendly & always greeted with a smile!!! Nice continental breakfast included!!! Very convenient location to downtown!! I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Anchorage area whether for business or pleasure!!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Danegirl71
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I was recently in Anchorage for a long weekend and based on the good reviews here on TA, we decided to stay at the Historic Anchorage Hotel. Maybe my expectations were too high but I found this hotel to be average only, not much more than that.

The hotel is old, therefore the rooms look somewhat old. The bed and bedding were nice and it was comfortable, but I can't say much more than that. The walls are thin and you can hear people walking around due to creaky floors. But it was never terribly problematic for us.

We never had breakfast there. I'm not sure what time it ran but by the time we got downstairs there was only cold cereal and make your own waffles. Maybe that's all there is for breakfast?

I'm confused by the mention of train noise noted by other review(s) as the tracks are several blocks away but maybe that was because of our room position. We were in the front of the building and did get some noise from the street at night when we had the window open.

The location is very good, right in town and easy to walk to everything. But if I were coming to Anchorage again I'm not sure that I'd seek this place out for a second visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple