Arrived late for two day stay. Keypad on front door broken with note to go around the side. The down: After a long flight, hauling the luggage around and finding our way was not fun. Don't arrive late! Our room was kind of small and musty - it is an old house redone nicely. Pretty expensive: over $400 for our 2 night stay.
The up: The common room is fantastic with great views of the Turnagain arm, and an area for socializing with other - cosmopolitan - guests. Great breakfast choices could last all day. Good coffee! Jennifer and the other concierge were helpful, even making phone calls for us. Bike rental next door was important. You can take the coastal trail from the Copper Whale and ride all over town. You can walk to all museums in Anchorage, and even Nordstrom's from here. Productive birdwatching at Westchester Lagoon, a mile's walk, and the mud flats at low tide are great, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy scenic ocean and mountain views from downtown Anchorage at the Copper Whale Inn! Our two adjacent houses offer comfortable, modern accommodations and our historic main house is the first architecturally designed home in Anchorage. Easy walking distance to business and arts, activities, restaurants, galleries, the Anchorage Museum and the Coastal Trail. Bike rental on-premise (summer). Concierge services, free wi-fi! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Copper Whale Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copper Whale Hotel Anchorage
- Copper Whale Inn Anchorage, Alaska