“Great stay in Anchorage!!”
Review of Copper Whale Inn

Copper Whale Inn
Ranked #9 of 127 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Arlington, VA
“Great stay in Anchorage!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2008

I HIGHLY recommend the Copper Whale Inn to anyone visiting Anchorage. I originally booked 1 night, and 2 weeks out from my stay, I tried adding an extra night which required me to switch room type on the 2nd night. Rather than me hassle with this, they handled it on their end, and reshuffled the rest of their guests around to accommodate me for 2 nights without switching rooms. This is an indication of how much they care about pleasing their guests. Everyone (including the guests) was very pleasant, and those running the inn had some great recommendations for places to eat/things to do. I found the room to be rather spacious and some rooms have a view of the inlet. I never heard other guests in the hallways, and while it was summer and I had my window open, once I turned on my box fan (YES, they even provided box fans which I think is key no matter where you are staying!) I couldn't hear a thing outside. They provide a continental breakfast in a common area with an amazing view, and I found the food to be fresh and plentiful, and a great way to start my day. Located right downtown so everything is within walking distance, free wireless internet throughout, comfy bed, reasonably priced considering the spike in prices for the summer, and way more homey than choosing to stay at a bigger chain hotel - Anchorage is too quaint of a town to stay anywhere else. I cannot say enough wonderful things about my stay - Enjoy!!

• Liked — True B&B accomodations
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
ohio
Reviewed 10 June 2008

We drove to Anchorage after a weeks cruise from Vancouver on the inside passage. This wasn't our first choice for B and B's (OUR mistake). We had another Inn booked and was fully paid for two rooms. When we saw the place the Downtown Anchorage B and B Raspberry Inn we knew we could never stay there so we opted to loose our money.

This B and B was wonderfully run by Glen the on property owner. The location is excellent, make sure you eat at the next door restaurant with super views. We had an upstairs room with wonderful views of the water, my dad and gal friend stayed downstairs in an easily accessable room with a comfy extra bed and large bath.

Glen knew we had had problems with the other b and b. He went out of his way to make us comfortable and welcome. His breakfast is delicious, with many fresh berries, waffles, too many choices to name. He fresh brews his coffee and his Inn is spotlessly clean.

There is a bike rental out front which we took advantage of. We rode about six miles out of town one way seeing two black bears and one large moose.

We would go back to Glen's place in a minute.

Jill and Mike

• Liked — Location, view, accomodations, good service, breakfast, bike rental, friendliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Makeithappen57
denver, CO
Reviewed 22 May 2008

This place has great class. It is very clean and well run. Some of the rooms are a little small and they can be a bit warm if the sun is bright from the West. The breakfast area is small but nice and the service is great. There is an Internet workstation in the lobby. Bike rental is next door. Downtown is a very chort walk. Many rooms have a water view of Turnagain Arm.

• Stayed May 2008
Oregon
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Copper Whale is an amazing place and truly a Home Away from Home, should probably be re-named the "Golden" Whale. The hospitality, the breakfast, the cleanliness-wow it was all GREAT. My wife, duaghter and myself stayed and enjoyed every bit of it. They were more then helpful very friendly. I recommed every one alike to stay here, all ages, single, married, and or with kids. It is the perfect place and location.

• Liked — It was a Home Away from Home
  • Disliked — Nothing it was great
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank joshtaylor
River Forest, Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2008

My first contact with the Inn set the tone for my entire stay. I called to see if a room was available and talked to Glenn, the General Manager, who is a wonderful host. He is warm and friendly ~ a great ambassador for Anchorage.

I arrived at 2AM on a Saturday morning to a crackling fireplace, soft music and a hot cup of tea - perfect.

I have been on numerous trips this past year and the bed I slept in was by far the best - super comfy.

I did not have breakfast because of my own time constrictions (and it was hard leaving that bed!) but it looked delicious, there was a plenty to choose from and it was very nicely presented.

The Inn is clean & quiet & a great buy.

If you visit Anchorage you have to stay at the Copper Whale Inn.

1 Thank MTM50
Anchorage
Reviewed 2 January 2008

What a beautiful Bed and Breakfast! I am so impressed with the accommodations they offered. Glen was an absolute pleasure. He really does a fantastic job. I am literally at a loss for words. I can tell you that every need I could have had would have been met. We stayed in the Susitna room. The bed was so comfortable. The color décor is so warm and inviting. The brunch that Glen served on New Years Day was scrumptious. He made eggs benedict and was so fun to talk with. I was spoke with most of the guests that morning and they were so happy and truly enjoying their stay.

I can see where you were voted best bed and breakfast for the year. Congratulations, you have earned it.

• Liked — Beautiful Decor, Comfort, Warm and Inviting
  • Disliked — That I had to leave and go home......
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AKMtRunner
Juneau
Reviewed 15 December 2007

Comfortable rooms, attentive staff, private baths, centrally located, wireless, and a generous breakfast. We also had a great winter rate, making the experience nearly perfect.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Street parking only.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business