Again this was a choice based on reviews from Trip advisor. It is well located jut at the head of a costal trail and a park. Almost at the end of downtown it is just a stones throw from many restaurants and shops on the 5th Avenue shopping strip. The main salon and some rooms are located in the front part of a heritage building. The rear has again a common lounge with rooms which is a later addition. The property is surrounded by a small but sweet garden. A homely and comfortable place which also lacks in a few things. Rooms are a bit small, and road facing rooms have a lot of noise from the traffic flow. Bath is a bit inconvenient there is no parking on site. Public parking available nearby which is expensive . Parking possible free of cost on the road btw 5pm and 9am the next morning. The staff are excellent and so helpful. Had to disturb them in the middle of the night as we got locked out . Breakfast is served early and pretty adequate. Special thanks to Colleen who directed us to Girdwood and the 7 glaciers restaurant for dinner. Would surely recommend but avoid road facing rooms though they do provide ear plugs. Bike rentals available on the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy scenic ocean and mountain views from downtown Anchorage at the Copper Whale Inn! Our two adjacent houses offer comfortable, modern accommodations and our historic main house is the first architecturally designed home in Anchorage. Easy walking distance to business and arts, activities, restaurants, galleries, the Anchorage Museum and the Coastal Trail. Bike rental on-premise (summer). Concierge services, free wi-fi! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Copper Whale Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copper Whale Hotel Anchorage
- Copper Whale Inn Anchorage, Alaska