We stayed at the Copper Whale on two different nights. The first night was in the back where the room was on the small side but comfortable and quiet. The other night was spent in the Carriage Room which is located right on the main road. We did not sleep that night due to the continuous noise of trucks and motorcycles (even with ear plugs). There are other reviews that also mention the traffic noise; perhaps some insulation or taking out the air conditioner out would help. I've stayed in other city hotels which were quieter. Beside the lack of sleep, the staff at the B&B are friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. It's closeness to the coastal trail was a big plus and we walked and rode bikes each time we stayed. We also enjoyed being within walking distance of some great restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy scenic ocean and mountain views from downtown Anchorage at the Copper Whale Inn! Our two adjacent houses offer comfortable, modern accommodations and our historic main house is the first architecturally designed home in Anchorage. Easy walking distance to business and arts, activities, restaurants, galleries, the Anchorage Museum and the Coastal Trail. Bike rental on-premise (summer). Concierge services, free wi-fi! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Copper Whale Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copper Whale Hotel Anchorage
- Copper Whale Inn Anchorage, Alaska