We spent two nights and the Copper Whale last week and will happily stay there again on future visits. The inn is right in downtown Anchorage, within walking distance of several restaurants, close to the coastal hike/bike trail, and the anchorage people mover main downtown stop. Surrounded by lovely gardens, I never felt like we were in the middle of downtown while on the hotel property.
We were in the annex, room #11. During the day, with windows opens, there was some street noise. But not enough noise to keep me up at night (with the windows still open). I only heard the water feature in the garden outside.
The continental breakfast was wonderful - a staff member even bought in homemade blueberry jelly one morning. I didn't mind the tv stands - they made breakfast seem very relaxed as people wandered in and out of the room. Tea, coffee and water are available all day. They also have refrigerators and microwaves available for guests.
Most importantly, I loved the atmosphere at Copper Whale. Staff members were always available to chat and suggest sights (they even offered to loan me a growler when I mentioned our plans to visit a local brewery). But I never felt like they were hovering or that I didn't have privacy. I can't imagine a better place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy scenic ocean and mountain views from downtown Anchorage at the Copper Whale Inn! Our two adjacent houses offer comfortable, modern accommodations and our historic main house is the first architecturally designed home in Anchorage. Easy walking distance to business and arts, activities, restaurants, galleries, the Anchorage Museum and the Coastal Trail. Bike rental on-premise (summer). Concierge services, free wi-fi! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers and HRS so you can book your Copper Whale Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copper Whale Hotel Anchorage
- Copper Whale Inn Anchorage, Alaska