“Good experience - staff not trained well”

Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
Ranked #49 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Spend 3 different nights here June 2011. Two times the staff could not find me in their directory. Luckily the hotel was not sold out. Rooms have nice kitchenette areas. The rooms are u-shaped awkwardly. Shuttle ride to downtown in just 6 blocks. The price may seem high, but that seems to be the norm in Anchorage.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Doug1975
emichinski, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Hi,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. We do appreciate your business. Many of our rooms have unique configurations. It's just the Inlet Tower being quirky. :)

Yes, our front desk staff at the beginning of season had some new associates working, so they may have had some challenges in finding you. I apologize for that. I'm certain that they would achieve better for your circumstance now.

And, summer prices do tend to rise a great deal in summer in Anchorage. We do have great deals though in January!

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions. We do take them seriously.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

I have reviewed this hotel before and gave it a soso review so I thought I would update my stay from this past weekend. There was a big race or something going on this weekend which can be a problem but it didn't seem to cause the staff any difficulty. The room was a weirdly shaped corner room (304) but it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Pretty good workout room on the second floor. It has received some TLC since I was here last. Liked the little bar and grill. Store across the street was convenient but very expensive. Got lunch for the next day there. Hotel was full but I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Nancy33208

Hi,

Thank you for the comments. All of us at the hotel appreciate the input, and we hope to see you again!

Happy Trails!

Reviewed 17 June 2011

It is a pit, the rooms had holes in the carpet, and mold around the tub and on the ceiling of the bathroom, the heating doesn’t work, the rooms smell bad and there was a police officer in the lobby interviewing someone when we arrived. Building was built in the 50’s and has been many different things, apartments, condo’s and now a hotel, never again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank blueboat2
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I'm a bit behind in writing this review, so I am seeing some of the recent reviews and honestly I don't understand why they are so negative. I am a fellow Alaskan and a lodge owner so I know all about making sure service is provided and the room is the best in can be. Yes, this is an older hotel, so not everything is going to be spit and polished and shiny new, but it is clean and maintained. I am a registered nurse, so if it wasn't clean to my standards, I would have been the first to say something. Add to this the fact that I was in Anchorage for a surgical procedure and this makes me even more picky! My one and only complaint was that the edge of the bathtub was so high. If I hadn't just had a surgical procedure done, this most likely wouldn't not have been so much of an issue. I live 3 1/2 hours from Anchorage so I wanted a comfortable place to stay for a few days that had a kitchenette and this hotel met that need. As a fellow business owner, I am very choosy as to where I will recommend that my guests stay if they are going to be in Anchorage and I would not hesitate to recommend the Inlet Tower. This is a fine establishment, older, with some history I am sure, but still fine.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlaskaRiverview
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We arrived on a late night flight into Anchorage and booked a room at the Inlet thinking that it would be a convenient and safe place to crash for a few hours of sleep before continuing onward in Alaska.

We were terribly disappointed with the manner in which we were treated at the front desk at both check in and check out. The staff was rude and acted as if we were bothering them by checking in.

The hotel room we stayed in was disgusting. The decor is awful, the beds are terribly uncomfortable, not to mention the sheets which felt like cardboard (what do they use 25 thread count sheets?). Despite being exhausted from a day of travel my girlfriend and I had a hard time falling asleep as we felt that we were sleeping in a bed infested with vermin. I didn't want any skin of my body to touch those sheets directly. It was gross and totally unacceptable.

I will never stay at this hotel again, and I will be sure to advise my friends and family not to stay their either. I travel extensively and this was one of my worst experiences to date.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmhrtb
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We got here and definitely were disappointed. I imagine that some of their higher rooms have good views and might be worth it for that. But we were on the second floor, and our rooms were sort of gross. There were stains on the comforters, and the rooms in general seemed old and not kept up. But we got in at 1 a.m. from our flight and planned on leaving only eight hours later, so it worked.
We got this place with a name-your-own-price deal on Priceline.com, so we did not pick the place on our own. But if we were to go back to Anchorage, we definitely would avoid this place. Hotels are generally expensive during the summer in Anchorage, but it might be worth $10 or $20 more a night to stay somewhere better than this.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank elooper
emichinski, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2011

Hi,

I appreciate your comments, and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We do hope to see you again here soon, and be pleasantly surprised by our changes.

Reviewed 26 May 2011

INLET TOWERS has an amazing view of the water downtown anchorage and from end to end the mountains.. Its absolutely breath taking but the hotel alone wasnt all that impressive the room i stayed in was filthy and had hair all over the toilet and the bathtub was nice until i got in.. It was a whirlpool tub soon after i filled it up and turned the jets on dirt and other debris came out causing me to have a dirty bath after a long day :( .. to top that off the bed wasnt completely made i had called the fornt desk and told her about the situtaion and i was told that there wasnt anybody in the building that can bring me clean blankets or towels.. I am in awe that this hotel is still standing ive been told before not to come here but i had to see for myself . For a place with such potential its poorly operated..
MY ADVICE FOR FUTURE TRAVELERS WOULD BE TO NOT STAY HERE ITS NOT WORTH IT BUT IF YOU REALLY NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN BLANKETS, TOWELS, AND PILLOWS!!

Room Tip: See the mess for yourself!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Winnie_the_Pooh2002

Hi,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. I truly apologize for the way you found your room. I can assure you that that is not our standard. We have made some recent changes and I truly believe that the situation you found will not be repeated.