“OK for a stop-over”

Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
Ranked #50 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We arrived on the Seward train at 10:30 pm and were tired from a long days travel. I had called early in the day inquiring as to get picked up at the train station. I was told, just call when you arrive & we'll pick you up. We called once we had claimed all our bags, and was told it would be a 20 minute wait. After 25 minutes, I called back only to be told it would be another 15 minutes. I complained and the front desk told me to take a cab & the hotel would pay for it. They were understaffed that night and the driver was making airport runs.

Once we arrived, the front desk girl was swamped with guests trying to check in. Since she was by herself, it took another 20 minutes to check in. She was very pleasant and apologized several times.

The hotel is advertised as a boutique hotel, (which it is far from) but it is unique. I wouldn't call it a 3 star (which they do.) The price was right, the rooms were clean, and we slept well. The area is residential, but there is a market less than a block away.

We left the next morning. If we'd been there longer, I may have regretted booking there. I'm used to a 3 star being a Hyatt or such.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank captnwa
There are newer reviews for Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 14 July 2011

Upon my recent trip to Anchorage, I chose the Inlet Tower for its convenient location to a couple spots downtown that were within walking distance. I had called approx. 4 days prior and was impressed with the informative staff that reserved the room for me. As an Alaska resident I asked him about any resident rates, which brought the price down considerably, which was very helpful in my budgeting. When we got to Anchorage (after a long drive from Fairbanks) anc checked in, the lady was extremely helpful and prompt. She had also offered us an upgrade to the 14th floor with a view of the Inlet. The double room was oddly shaped (kind of a U shape) and a little small, but given this is an older building I figured that they may be. The room that I was in was very clean, which is very important to me. The heat was on in the room, which we had to turn off and start the AC for a while. There was no continental breakfast, but the restaurant downstairs offered a breakfast buffet for a very high price. Overall, the location, cleanliness and the courteousness of the staff made my stay an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: request an Inlet view, and a room on a higher floor, this decreases the street noises and there is a...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rhondamarie05
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I stayed here on two separate nights. I would not have stayed the second time if I had not already paid for it through a travel agent.
This could be a decent place. Both rooms I had were nice sized and had a little fridge and microwave. The fixtures were outdated but that is not what bothered me. Everything was not very clean. The upholstery on the chairs was filthy. The floor was not vacuumed so I asked for that to be done. I saw a house keeper bring a vacuum into the room, but it was just as dirty after she left. The mattresses were uncomfortable and the pillows were made out of what seemed like little chunks of foam.
It boggles my mind that a place this large would not keep the rooms clean and shampoo the upholstery once in a while. And it was not cheap.
I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AgniWay
emichinski, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Hi,

Thank you for being our guest. I apologize that your room was not as you expected. We do strive to exceed our guests expectations, and sometimes we do fail. I have had all our vacuum cleaners inspected to ensure that they are working properly as a result of your comments. Any poor pillows are disposed of and replaced.

Thanks again for being our guest. Enjoy your summer!

Reviewed 1 July 2011

We stayed here for two nights and found the staff friendly. The location is great because there is a free shuttle to the airport or down town area which is a 15 min walk. The room had a little kitchen area which was very useful. There is a good grocery store across the street and a laundry mat in the hotel. The room was clean. The free computer to use is great or free wifi.

Room Tip: ask for a room looking at the mountains
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelingteacher51

Thank you for the great comments. The entire team appreciates your time to comment, and your business.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 30 June 2011

Spend 3 different nights here June 2011. Two times the staff could not find me in their directory. Luckily the hotel was not sold out. Rooms have nice kitchenette areas. The rooms are u-shaped awkwardly. Shuttle ride to downtown in just 6 blocks. The price may seem high, but that seems to be the norm in Anchorage.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Doug1975

Hi,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. We do appreciate your business. Many of our rooms have unique configurations. It's just the Inlet Tower being quirky. :)

Yes, our front desk staff at the beginning of season had some new associates working, so they may have had some challenges in finding you. I apologize for that. I'm certain that they would achieve better for your circumstance now.

And, summer prices do tend to rise a great deal in summer in Anchorage. We do have great deals though in January!

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions. We do take them seriously.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

I have reviewed this hotel before and gave it a soso review so I thought I would update my stay from this past weekend. There was a big race or something going on this weekend which can be a problem but it didn't seem to cause the staff any difficulty. The room was a weirdly shaped corner room (304) but it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Pretty good workout room on the second floor. It has received some TLC since I was here last. Liked the little bar and grill. Store across the street was convenient but very expensive. Got lunch for the next day there. Hotel was full but I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Nancy33208

Hi,

Thank you for the comments. All of us at the hotel appreciate the input, and we hope to see you again!

Happy Trails!

Reviewed 17 June 2011

It is a pit, the rooms had holes in the carpet, and mold around the tub and on the ceiling of the bathroom, the heating doesn’t work, the rooms smell bad and there was a police officer in the lobby interviewing someone when we arrived. Building was built in the 50’s and has been many different things, apartments, condo’s and now a hotel, never again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family