“Great value, about a mile from the downtown center...”

Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
Ranked #47 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Spokane, Washington
“Great value, about a mile from the downtown center...”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Hotels are quite spendy in Anchorage...so I was more than a little leary when I booked this. We booked two rooms for just one night. The service was good, the rooms were clean, and fairly modern. The hotel has many rooms with a nice view of the surrounding area and downtown. They had a free shuttle that picked us up from the airport, and also periodically took people downtown. For the price point I was pleasantly surprised, and would definitely recommend it to friends.

4 Thank overcomer68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Majorca, Spain
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here two nights in July separated by about a week and booked awhile in advance. The first night the hotel was not full and the hotel put us in a fabulous room with a great view. The second night, which was on a night the hotel was fully booked, the hotel put us in a similar room despite the fact that we checked in late. Both nights were very well priced considering even basic rooms in Anchorage can cost well in excess of 100 bucks in summer time. Our rooms were clean, the beds super comfy, and both had fridges and microwaves. The hotel was also quite quiet. There is a fancy supermarket across the street for snacks and it's only a 10 minute walk to downtown restaurants. Only negative is super slow elevators, undoubtedly because the place is old. But we liked it a lot and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mypeeps
NC
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I found out I would be staying here after booking through pricelline.com. I was terrified after reading the reviews. I figured I would check the place out and go from there. I was pleasantly surprised. There were no intoxicated folks hanging out in the lobby, the lobby was dated but clean as was the restaurant. The front desk staff was very polite and helpful. They asked if I would prefer a room on the upper or lower floors. I said lower and the young lady cautioned me that the hotel was near capacity and the lower floors are sometimes noisy. So she gave me a room on the 15th floor. Yes the elevators are a bit slow but no worse than any busy resort or hotel. My room is spacious and clean (I actually brought my own cleaning supplies and linen just in case). The view is spectacular. Parking was not an issue and I did not feel unsafe at all. My door locked and had safety latch- no one tried to enter during the night..a big fear after reading previous reviews. The bed was comfy and clean and the pillows were great (I brought my own but didn't need it).
Yes the place could use an update but given the price range for hotels in Anchorage I can't complain.

Room Tip: the 15th floor has spectacular views- especially the sunrise.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Placer053
Blairsville, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2011

the building is an older building but well cleaned and maintained. I cannot say enough about the staff. The front desk girls are amazing. Jennifer was so great and I must say Savili was an incredible host. She made staying at the Inlet just like being at home. If I owned a Hotel These two young ladies would have the run of it. The Bar was great too...the locals that were there were friendly and the barkeep himself was fun to speak with. Great stay thank you all.

2 Thank Happyguestgriz
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This is in NO way a 3-star hotel. It is more of a 1-star or 2 at the most. Carpet was dirty, bed linen thin from over-use and now a dirty white. Pillows smelled like they had not been washed. Pros: location within walking distance to town, airport shuttle a big help considering how expensive car rental is in anchorage. Room had microwave and refrigerator.

3 Thank mtntops32

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Booked early July 2011 directly through the hotel for 2 Rooms each with a King size bed. I received email confirmation stating that I had successfully booked the two rooms and had a confirmation number. Upon trying to check into the hotel however I was told that only 1 room was booked under my name. They tried to enter my confirmation code and that I guess did not exist. I even pulled up my e-mail confirmation I had received a month prior to arrival showing that I had confirmation. Luckily they had another room for me but I still found it a bit unnerving that they some how lost part of my reservation.

Another thing that was possibly more annoying was we had left a cell phone behind. When I called the first time to see if they had it the people at the front desk didn't even attempt to help me instead told me to call back the following morning. So I did, I was then transfered to housekeeping and she told me they had it. We were traveling around the state and said we will pick it up in a few days when we fly out of Anchorage. On our departure day I called the front desk yet again they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about and transferred me only to get housekeeping's voicemail. When we showed up for it the front desk they said they don't have a lost and found and that they don't have keys to the housekeeping office which is where it was. Luckily some maintenence person had keys and we were able to get it.

In summation- good for a night and don't lose your belongings or you may never get it back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank elk_ak11
Fairbanks, AK
Reviewed 18 July 2011

They refused to give a receipt since I'd used Priceline. This means

1) I have no proof I actually stayed there.
2) I have no idea if they charged me anything erroneously.
3) If they do charge me anything wrong, I have no paperwork to back me up.

It's against contract law to not give a receipt for purchases.

I called and talked to the General Manager and he was extremely rude and refused to get me a receipt.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business