“Good value in expensive town”

Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
Ranked #49 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Even though the hotel is a bit tired, it was clean and the staff was courteous. I would not hesitate to recommend it to value conscious friends. We are dog lovers, so we did not mind the large number of pets around. In our room, the coffee maker was broken and we asked to have it replaced - not done during our one night stay. The elevator was terribly slow. Hotel was walkable to downtown area. Shuttle to/from airport and around town was helpful. There is a market right around the corner from the hotel. The first nite we stayed - even though it was not included in the rate we asked and the desk person arranged for vouchers for us for breakfast. The breakfastr was hearty, quite good and the server was really nice. Two nights later, we stayed there again and the desk clerk was unable to give us a voucher. Free Wi Fi was good everywhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donaldmay4

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I was in Alsaka for Business but stayed a long weekend,so I stayed at the Inlet. I think the Inlet is a better alternative than the major hotel chains. Really great location, in between downtown and the rest of the city. Easy to get to with plenty of parking. Wireless service was great even in higher floors. Great view of mountains. And room decor was very homey (Alsakan flair) and welcomed. The elevators were a good size and moved quickly. The H. chains did not match view. A few negatives, no breakfast. The bathrooms could have used some touch up. But overall a great stay. ALso lots of space! I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank LePetitPrince-Yaz
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We only stayed here one night before our cruise but the service was friendly and the room was clean. If I ever find myself in Anchorage again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LAGirlWorldTraveler
Reviewed 11 June 2012

great price, close enough to downtown if you want to walk. their shuttle will take you to a restaurant. front desk was a little slow but it looked like an internet problem.

1  Thank borisw
Reviewed 8 June 2012

When we arrived, a bit early, we were told we could place our luggage in a "closet" and when our room was ready, "maybe" they would bring it up to us. After going to lunch we returned to check in. The man on duty was extremely rude and not very helpful at all. We called down for our luggage and they said it would be right up. While waiting for our luggage, we discovered the toilet didn't work. We called down immediately. They were going to send someone right up. No one came up. We had to finally go downstairs and carry our luggage upstairs ourselves. We didn't even have a luggage cart to put it all on. A maintainence person finally showed up for the toilet and discovered someone had turned off the water to the toilet!

The elevator was so slow I could have walked up to the 12th floor before it got there. The carpet in the hallway was mismatched and in desperate need of some attention. On Friday night, June 1st, sometime around 10 pm I heard a knock on the door. Acutally it was a bang on the door, and someone tried to open the door. They would have succeeded had we not locked both door locks. When I answered the door, there stood a couple who told me that we were in "their" room! I assured the woman that we had booked and paid for the room until June 3. I felt bad for them as they looked like they were exhausted. They went back down to the desk. The next morning I left the room and upon returning found that my key card no longer worked. I had to go back downstairs to the desk and get new room keys.

The housekeeping people are in desperate need of some attention. We stayed in that room for four days and NOT ONCE did they come in and clean the room. On our second night they knocked at 8:30 at night and asked if we wanted the room cleaned. We did manage to talk them out of some clean towels. Those were the ONLY towels we had for the entire stay.

I was extremely upset with both the way we were treated and the condition of this establishment. This hotel should be listed as a 1 star. I had planned this trip to be a relaxing and fun trip for my mom, and myself. To have to end it in such a dumpy place and be treated so shabbily put a sour taste in both my mother's mouth and mine. The hotel is way over-priced and needs a huge rennovation. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. I'm just sorry we got stuck there.

Room Tip: Steer clear of this place!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LeighAnn V
Reviewed 28 May 2012

They state on their website that they offer free 24 hour shuttle service for the airport and train depot but when you arrive surprise $10 per ride. They offer no explanation. We paid because we had no choice so we were not happy and once we arrived we found out we were not the only upset and surprised by the new fee. Save your time and money for a place that does what they advertises.

1  Thank CrystalStang
Reviewed 28 May 2012

They offered complimentary shuttle service when we arrived before heading out to other places. When I called in the morning, it was complimentary, then when we arrived they charged us $10. If I had known earlier, I would have reserved another hotel. To add insult to injury, the front desk guy kept on helping everyone else behind me even though there was a freaking long line and it was made clear there was a freaking long line. I will never stay here again and would never recommend this place to anyone else. Poor service is my top pet peeves and they managed to successfully provide poor service.

3  Thank cora2017