“Older female travel alone.”

Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
Ranked #44 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Ranfurly, New Zealand
“Older female travel alone.”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed on two occasions first on the 11th floor and then on the 12th floor. Both rooms were very large for now days. Very clean and quiet. Micro wave and fridge was good as I was staying a few days and the supermarket across the road was handy, otherwise in an residential area.
One room faced the airport which was interesting and the second room faced the mountains with the snow.....beautiful! The staff from reception to dining to airport transport driver I could not fault in their friendly approach and I felt very comfortable.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Lift is quick!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Tushka
Inletscott, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Tushka,

Thank you for your review. I think you summed up our tagline pretty well for us...15 stories of unobstructed views...This is IT! Thanks again, and happy travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel has great views. The corner rooms are so cool. The staff are really friendly but that's the best of this place. I had breakfast two mornings, the presentation was very elegant but greasy the first day and uncooked the second. When I arrive at a hotel I always do a quick check for insects which was not found here but it's clear the maids just clean the surface. When returning at night I often found hair in the bathtub, or one day it was on the toilet seat but i shouldn't complain because at least they showed up which didn't always happen over the week I spent there.

This hotel could be a real gem. It once was my favorite. I can tell they are trying but they just need to shake up the maid staff and chef.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank AKJAS1
Inletscott, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
AKJAS1,

Thanks for taking a few minutes to tell us about your stay. The highlights: Our views are second to none in Anchorage, and our corner units offer that panoramic feel I love as well.

As far as the shortcomings of your stay, I certainly apologize for not meeting your expectations, but you can rest assured we discuss these reviews with our staff and use each one as a training opportunity. Next time your in town, swing by and see the changes you have helped make by telling us about your stay. Thanks again AKJAS1.

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We booked the hotel from Expedia express so the price is good. The lobby is both boutique and outdated. The room is plain and simple in the normal standard and the bathroom is very tiny. But I won't complain since it's Alaska.

The front desk put us on the 14th floor (east side?). Usually it's a good thing and we prefer the higher floor. However, it's a windy day in Alaska and we can hear clearly the wind blowing. It's hard to say it's coming from the window or the ventilation.

We didn't try but our friend said that the restaurant is great, fresh and delicious seafood with reasonable price. They planed to go there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank frog2011
frog2011,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We certainly had a windy fall here in Alaska, and I'm confident the noise was from push back in the HVAC system, I do apologize for that. It sounds like other than the wind your stay went quite well. Thanks for pointing out the restaurant (PubHouse) as it is quickly becoming well known around Anchorage since it's opening in 2013. We hope to see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We got a very good deal on this one. In fact, I booked via expedia blind booking where you get the hotel name after you have booked.
I was a bit skeptical reading the reviews here.
So when I went there to check in, I mentioned that I would prefer the top floors as they have been renovated. Also, mentioned that I got this info via tripadvisor ;)
The manager just gave me a whole suite on the top floor...it turned out to be a great deal for the price!!
Agreed its a bit dated, the furniture is basic..but for the price, it turned out to be a great deal overall...

Room Tip: As for Upper Floors
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sathellite
sathellite,

Thanks for posting a review! You can certainly find some great deals for our hotel out there, and it sounds like you hit the jackpot. I appreciate your willingness to look past the other reviews and take in our property for what it really is: 15 stories of unobstructed views in an iconic location. Even with our "retro" furniture our rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. Thanks again for posting, and hopefully we will see you the next time your travels bring you to Anchorage.
Montana
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We booked this room through one of the bidding/hidden hotel services. The service touted the hotel was "pet friendly," but failed to mention there is a weight limit (and it's SMALL). We arrived and were initially told our dog could not stay. The hotel staff was amazing, though, and accommodated us. Unfortunately, we won't be able to stay here again due to the fact that we always travel to Alaska with our dog. If their policy was different, we'd definitely be back. No, this isn't a luxury hotel. It has tons of character, though. The hotel was damaged in the 1964 earthquake, but it's hanging in there. Our room sloped so much that the TV was noticeably lopsided when we were in bed. We found in quirky. The rooms have huge old tubs and I wouldn't use the jets (people, why do you use jets in hotels? they are NEVER sanitary), but I loved taking a bath there. Note, our room wasn't the cleanest, at least in the bathroom. We own a cleaning service and we notice these things, but we always carry disinfecting wipes and wipe down the bathrooms and countertops before we use them. Still, we've seen far worse in nicer hotels. We liked that there was a fan in the room. It wasn't hot, but we were in a room by the stairs and it the fan covered the noise. We didn't have a view, but we spend our vacations outdoors, so we don't need to see the sights from inside. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but we would have had drinks there if we'd found the coupon for a free appetizer in our room card envelope before we left. The bed was super comfy and we liked having a fridge and microwave. We only had decaf in our room, but housekeeping was great and gave us plenty of regular coffee. If this hotel had a more liberal pet policy, we would've given it 5 stars. We loved it and we are so grateful they didn't make our dog sleep in the car! Awesome staff, truly.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are noisy, higher rooms have a view, don't bring medium-large dogs . . . they don...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gypsynw
gypsynw,

Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to tell us about your stay. I'm very happy to hear the staff exceeded your expectations. Unfortunately, we have had to start enforcing a dog policy of under 25lbs due to several guests being "frightened" by riding in an 6x6 elevator with large breeds, which in some instances is more than understandable. Once again, thanks for your time, and happy travels.
watford
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed her for 2 nights before our 2 week camping trip, another two nights before we went to Katmai and then a night at the end of the holiday. It was an ideal stay for us as we were able to leave a bag in their care whilst away not needing to take all the camping stuff to Katmai, likewise not needing stuff for Katmai on the camping trip. This made life much easier. Also when we returned the first time we were able to do 2 loads of washing as there are washers and driers in the basement at very reasonable prices. The breakfast were great, a good choice although I don't think I can ever get used to the American's love of sweet for breakfast! Huge portions, we made one portion do for 2 of us and that was quite enough. We got a voucher with our key which gives you a free starter with another one in their pub/bar/bistro. We eventually saved up 3 vouchers so had 6 starters for our dinner between us. Good rooms with a coffee machine. Some rooms had hair dryers, mine didn't but I was able to borrow one from reception.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank valgardening
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I struggled with this review. I actually started to rate the Inlet Towers lower. We stayed for the first two nights and the last night of our trip. It is on a nice quiet location about an 8 block walk from downtown. A short walk through a nice neighborhood gets you to the Coastal Trail. Right next door to the hotel is a great little market that we hit every morning for the baked goods and coffee. There is a Starbucks in the hotel and the bar is very nice. The staff was very accommodating and when they had to change our room on the last night they gave us a larger room at a discounted rate. Both of our rooms were large and well equipped. On the downside it is an older hotel that has had some updates. The rooms we had were clean, but not as nicely decorated as some of the newer chain hotels. The bed we had on the first part of our stay was not as comfortable as the bed we had the last night. The door closers did not seem to work well and we heard the occasional door slam which could be improved. With all that said given the service of the staff, the price, and the location we will stay here again when we return to Anchorage.

Room Tip: We had a two room suite on the last night of our stay and it was very nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple