“Hit and Miss”

Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
Ranked #49 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Recently, my wife and I stayed in one of the King Suites at this hotel for 5 nights. For a hotel near downtown Anchorage the price of just over $100/night was fantastic bargain!

When we arrived at around 2:00am the person at the front desk was pleasant even though both my wife and I went back downstairs to complain about the location of the room, which was right in front of the elevator, something my wife won't normally tolerate. Unfortunately, all of the King Suites were located in the center of the hotel around the elevator.

The rooms in the suite were clean and spacious. For some reason there is nothing on the walls, except paint, and the furniture seemed a little dated although it was comfortable enough. The bathroom was very small. There was a microwave and medium-sized refrigerator in the kitchen area.

Anytime we needed something from the front desk we were accommodated quickly and with a smile. In fact, all of the staff was pleasant during any interactions we had with them.

Our room was kept neat and clean for the first four days of our stay. However, on the last night it seemed they only picked up the towels and made the bed. Nothing else appeared to have been cleaned or tidied up. Had it not been our last night, and knowing we had to get up at 2:30am to catch our flight, we would have complained, but we didn't.

The hotel does have a 24-hour airport shuttle. Be sure and make a reservation at the front desk though.

The bottom line on this hotel is that it is a great deal for Anchorage, but definitely not 4-Star. You'll get a lot more for your money here than you will just about anywhere else in the Anchorage area, but unless you want to be disappointed don't expect anything about the Inlet Towers to be luxurious. If that's what you want be ready to drop $300/night at the Hotel Captain Cook.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the top floor on the east side of the hotel. It will be quieter and you'll h...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank John A

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I found a great deal for this hotel on kayak.com, but was a little scared after reading some negative reviews. It has been a great stay and have had a great experience! Free airport shuttle! The bathtub is gigantic, enough literally to fit three people in! I slept great and now brewing some coffee. What more could anyone ask for? The building and amenities aren't brand new, it does take about twenty seconds for the hot water to kick on and an extra five seconds in the elevator because it's out dated.. If you can handle an extra thirty seconds in your busy lifestyle, it is worth the stay. I personally think the out datedness adds a little je ne sais quois. I will be coming back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Primu55ucks
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed two separate nights, first night I arrived and the night before I left. My first night there was fine the rooms and furnishings are old and very dated. The second night there I got bed bug bites and was up half the night trying to keep from being with bites.
Then I had the manager pounding on my door, telling me I wasn't answering the phone. I informed him it wasn't ringing to which I informed him. He asked to come in and check and I asked him to wait till I was dressed. When I checked out less than thirty minutes later I asked to see this manager, but was told he wasn't there. He was rude and concerned about his patrons or the services he provided. I cannot recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Mary H
Inletscott, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Mary H,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to discuss your recent stay with us. I have been GM here for just over 2 years and we are looking into the breakdown I communication between the staff member you had interactions with as this issue was not brought to my attention. I can assure you that this will be corrected. After your posting we shut down the room you stayed in and conducted a thorough investigation and found no bed bugs or sign of them present. Thanks again for your time.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I work for a corporation that moved me to Alaska, I got a room at the Inlet towers at there extended stay for the middle of March and was supposed to be through April but I had to leave in May. They would not work with me at all, they told me all the rooms where taken and they cramed me in the worst room they had. I found a house to move into but due to there lack of business ethics they made getting out of this hotel a nightmare. I would suggest not ever coming to this hotel

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank AMG8907

AMG8907,

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for your concerns, summer in Alaska can be a busy time and rooms fill up rapidly. We have an obligation to future travelers who have reserved rooms with us and will appreciate that we kept their reservation over letting someone extend. It is never our intent to turn someone away, but sometimes we just do not have enough rooms for everyone and have to honor reservations of incoming parties. Thanks again for taking a few minutes to tell us about your stay.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Inlet. It was close enough downtown to walk from and the rooms were really clean with an amazing view. The wallpaper was very old but it truley added to the charm. We will be stating here again in the future.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AK_Tarah

AK_terah,

Thank you for your review. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your time here, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I only stayed here 1 night, so take it as it is....
the room is OK, decent bed, decent wifi, has a small kitchenette type thing going on, a Jacuzzi tub (I didn't use it except for the shower), old fashion TV...
my room was quiet, but it was kind of drafty around the windows...I could here the wind blowing through all night as it was windy outside.

the bar/ pub downstairs is real good. outstanding bar server, she went out of her way to point out things to do the following day.
I did talk to a few "long term" guest who work in the oil fields, and they were really great.

the front desk, Monica was outstanding.! and, the price was right for a layover.

Room Tip: my room looked over an alley and other Apts. .... so, I am not sure to a "view" other spe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank bu1larry

bu1larry,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I have to agree on the TV's, but rest assured we are actively changing out the ones we have for flatscreens. Thanks for mentioning the PubHouse as we are very proud of the restaurant it has become and the quality level of food we are able to serve. Stop back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This place certainly has potential. They have long term tenants which I think distracts from it's possibilities of being quite unique. Overall I liked it. The heating system and drafty windows could use some work.
The hall smelled of cooking, more likely from long term guests than the main floor restaurant.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a floor without long term guests.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David W
Inletscott, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

David W,

Thanks for taking a few minutes to tell us about your stay. We are an older building, and as such have a few quirks here and there, but overall what I feel we have is character that you don't get many other places. You are partially correct that we offer an "extended stay" option but all of our rooms are the same and none feature cook tops, so unless someone was a microwave Chef Ramsey, I'm guessing you were actually smelling the creations of PubHouse downstairs. Thanks again, and please come see us again soon.