Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
The Voyager Inn(Anchorage)
  • Spa
Westmark Anchorage(Anchorage)
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Captain Cook(Anchorage)
  • Pool
Historic Anchorage Hotel(Anchorage)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscorner roomcoffee machinewould stay here againan older hotelmini fridgecook inletfree shuttlebit datedroom was largefew blocksdowntownmountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The room was outdated, but that didn't bother us too much since we weren't in it much. However, the room was in need of a "deep clean." We had a view of the city and mountains which was neat. The location was okay--about 20 min walk to downtown or a cheap taxi ride. We were really annoyed that we went all the way up to our room on the second day and our key card did not work. Then we learned that on the 7th of every month the keys have to be replaced. It was a little annoying especially since I had already been to the front desk that day. Someone could have told us that.....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tosha F
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I live in Fairbanks, AK. We tagged along with friends of ours to have a fun Anchorage getaway for a long weekend. As a newly married and young couple, we haven't traveled much but hope to do so more often.

My husband and I stayed in a Double Queen Premium Room. Since our friend reserved our hotel for us, we didn't know there would be two beds, but we didn't mind it - especially since they were both comfortable and the linens were clean. If we had known, we probably would have looked into getting a Single Queen Premium Room.

Since we were only there for about two and a half days, we ate out for almost every meal with our friends, but the mini-kitchenette would have been great to use for microwavable meals. There's even a market across the street.The mini-fridge was able to fit our leftovers and drinks. There's a little bakeshop that we walked to a few blocks away called Fire Island that was delicious.

When we checked in passed midnight, the concierge was really helpful in directing us to a restaurant that was open. The maid was very nice to organize our toiletries that were all over the bathroom vanity the morning of our check-in.

We went on jogs and within about 10 blocks had gorgeous views of the inlet. Downtown Anchorage, with the mall and good eats, was just as easy to walk to. We drove from Fairbanks so had access to a car, but a lot of the times we just parked and walked around. The weekend market next to the train depot was really fun to go to, which isn't too far from the hotel.

In terms of amenities, they didn't have a pool but we didn't plan on going swimming so weren't bothered by it. The television is a nice flat screen. We didn't watch on it much, but when we did, it had a lot of good channels to choose from. The dining area was great. We had our friends over and were able to play board games there one night.There were only 3 chairs, but our friends just brought a couple from their room and we were fine.

The service offered by the staff was definitely the highlight of our stay. They were always courteous and friendly when walking into and out of the hotel. The check-in was really quick, along with the check-out. I had inquired about getting a receipt and had some other questions the day after we left, and the staff that helped me did it in a very timely manner, which I appreciated.

Overall, the hotel itself wasn't the most luxurious and may have been a bit too pricey for us, but it's in a decent location, has pretty good amenities, has nice staff, and offers really nice views.

Room Tip: We didn't have an official inlet view, but the view from our room on the very top floor was still amazing. At night, the city was beautifully lit up.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank nicole k
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Recently, my wife and I stayed in one of the King Suites at this hotel for 5 nights. For a hotel near downtown Anchorage the price of just over $100/night was fantastic bargain!

When we arrived at around 2:00am the person at the front desk was pleasant even though both my wife and I went back downstairs to complain about the location of the room, which was right in front of the elevator, something my wife won't normally tolerate. Unfortunately, all of the King Suites were located in the center of the hotel around the elevator.

The rooms in the suite were clean and spacious. For some reason there is nothing on the walls, except paint, and the furniture seemed a little dated although it was comfortable enough. The bathroom was very small. There was a microwave and medium-sized refrigerator in the kitchen area.

Anytime we needed something from the front desk we were accommodated quickly and with a smile. In fact, all of the staff was pleasant during any interactions we had with them.

Our room was kept neat and clean for the first four days of our stay. However, on the last night it seemed they only picked up the towels and made the bed. Nothing else appeared to have been cleaned or tidied up. Had it not been our last night, and knowing we had to get up at 2:30am to catch our flight, we would have complained, but we didn't.

The hotel does have a 24-hour airport shuttle. Be sure and make a reservation at the front desk though.

The bottom line on this hotel is that it is a great deal for Anchorage, but definitely not 4-Star. You'll get a lot more for your money here than you will just about anywhere else in the Anchorage area, but unless you want to be disappointed don't expect anything about the Inlet Towers to be luxurious. If that's what you want be ready to drop $300/night at the Hotel Captain Cook.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the top floor on the east side of the hotel. It will be quieter and you'll have a great view of the Chugach Mtns. If you want a view of Cook Inlet get a room on the west side, but it will be a bit noisier. If you want one of those rooms with a huge bathtub some reviews rave about call the hotel directly to make your reservation.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank John A
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I found a great deal for this hotel on kayak.com, but was a little scared after reading some negative reviews. It has been a great stay and have had a great experience! Free airport shuttle! The bathtub is gigantic, enough literally to fit three people in! I slept great and now brewing some coffee. What more could anyone ask for? The building and amenities aren't brand new, it does take about twenty seconds for the hot water to kick on and an extra five seconds in the elevator because it's out dated.. If you can handle an extra thirty seconds in your busy lifestyle, it is worth the stay. I personally think the out datedness adds a little je ne sais quois. I will be coming back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Primu55ucks
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed two separate nights, first night I arrived and the night before I left. My first night there was fine the rooms and furnishings are old and very dated. The second night there I got bed bug bites and was up half the night trying to keep from being with bites.
Then I had the manager pounding on my door, telling me I wasn't answering the phone. I informed him it wasn't ringing to which I informed him. He asked to come in and check and I asked him to wait till I was dressed. When I checked out less than thirty minutes later I asked to see this manager, but was told he wasn't there. He was rude and concerned about his patrons or the services he provided. I cannot recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Mary H
Inletscott, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Mary H,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to discuss your recent stay with us. I have been GM here for just over 2 years and we are looking into the breakdown I communication between the staff member you had interactions with as this issue was not brought to my attention. I can assure you that this will be corrected. After your posting we shut down the room you stayed in and conducted a thorough investigation and found no bed bugs or sign of them present. Thanks again for your time.