“Great staff, unique rooms that are big and comfortable”

Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
Ranked #42 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Great staff, unique rooms that are big and comfortable”
Reviewed 19 February 2011

This was the first time I had stayed at the Inlet Tower and they just happen to have rates that are affordable even before the magical time when the tourists leave and you cant get a hotel in Anchorage for less than $175 or so, and thats for the low end! Our rate was $109 and we had a great room, with a view on the corner of the building. I think that this place use to be apartments long ago and thusly the rooms have kitchens which are slightly more than kitchenettes and slightly less than the kitchen from your home, all is all, its more than what most people need.

The rooms are huge- at least ours was with lots of light and windows. Comfy beds and a quiet neighborhood make for a good nights sleep. About all that one could complain about is that its just a tad far from restaurants and shopping to walk which is more or less why we always stay downtown so we can walk, have dinner, drinks, etc and walk back. But you know, its closer to downtown than Midtown or the airport and its a great place to stay in the summer when they offer Alaska resident rates that are reasonable given what you can compare them to.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank akranger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Stayed here in June of 2009. We were catching a cruise from Anchorage down the coast of Alaska. Got a good deal on Hotwire. The hotel was sufficient for a short stay, but I wouldn't stay for a longer period of time. Not really near any tourist attractions, but is located in a nice suburban neighborhood. Rooms are large, but outdated. Bathroom could be nicer. Had a kitchenette, but didn't use it. Only recommended to a traveler who's passing through.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank Victoria P
emichinski, Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 February 2011
Hi,

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your business, and if you find yourself back in Alaska, we hope that you will stop in again.

Thank you!
Willow
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Inlet Towers is a great place to stay. Their park & fly rate with an airport shuttle takes the hassle out of parking and getting checked in for a flight. The location is quieter than the hotels located a short distance away and the view is awesome.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gloria011
Hi,

Thanks for the great comments! We appreciate your business. Hope your trip was grand!
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I was very happy with my experience during my stay at Inlet Tower in Anchorage. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The room itself was comfortable and clean, decorated in an understated "Alaskan chic" style that is sure to please out of state visitors. Inlet Towers combines the amenities of apartment living with the convenience of a hotel stay. The kitchenette was clean, and useful for those nights in. I particularly appreciated the layout of the room. The bedroom is separate from the main living space. We were staying with a small child, so her nap time didn't interfere with our activity. Inlet Tower successfully provides value that goes above and beyond the necessities. We will be their guest again in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank snowclover
Hey,

Thanks for the comments about your visit with us. We appreciate the feedback, and look forward to being of service to you again!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2010

The Inlet Tower Hotel was a very nice hotel equipped like a small apartment. I enjoyed a good night sleep while enjoying the mountain view from my window as well as a breakfast each morning in their restaurant.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank susana920
emichinski, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 23 November 2010
Thank you for your kind comments, and for being our guest. Hope to see you again if you find your way back to Anchorage.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I essentially lived at the Inlet Tower Hotel for an entire month while working in Anchorage. It was the height of tourist season and everyone was price gouging. My company paid up to $190 per night for a hotel room which in the "Lower 48" would get you a pretty decent room (even in the middle of NYC). This hotel was a low end, dirty, poorly run establishment with hallways that looked like the place someone would go to blow their head off in a horror film, DREARY! The building is old and has its nostalgic charm since it was originally built as an apartment building way back when. However for the amt of money they charge its obscene!!! Not to mention the slowest elevators ever created (I'm used to pre-war buildings and old elevators).
The staff is TERRIBLE! Couldnt care less about complaints. One evening the internet went down while I was doing work. I called the front desk and inquired about if the internet was in fact down and when it would be up and running? The front desk guy in a stoned, laid back voice replied "Yep...(pause)" I said well do you know anything about it getting fixed? Desk Guy: (sighs) Well...they said I gotta call IT but (exhales) I dont really feel like calling IT so...yeah!" and he hung up! CAN YOU IMAGINE? I had to laugh at how incredibly ridiculous this was or else I would cry. Another time I was laying in bed taking a nap when the maid just UNLOCKS the door without knocking and walked in, made eye contact with me and started folding fresh towels in the bathroom! Taking her sweet time "WTF." Filthy carpeting, old unrenovated rooms and old TVs. I asked the front desk for a bottle opener and they couldnt find one! There was a restaurant at the hotel! No one had keys to unlock and find a freakin bottle opener!
The place sucked but at the end of the day its one of the better places to stay in Anchorage besides the Sheraton or Hyatt which are INSANE for extended stays. Alaska while amazing has some of the worst hotels and customer service I have ever seen. IT really is the last frontier. A place where the rules of normal society dont apply. Twilight zone with beautiful scenery. The place sucks yes but I know worst exists so in some ways this is as good as it gets! Its roughing it for sure.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank NYCmeetsAK
emichinski, Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
I appreciate that you took the time to write all this about your stay. I would certainly acknowledge that we had a very rude, surly employee working at the front desk during the time of your visit, and that that employee has been subsequently dismissed. You are absolutely correct and I agree that you should feel bad about his comments.

As a matter of reference, whenever you have an issue with a hotel, feel free to ask for the manager. I would have been glad to have met with you over a cup of coffee in the restaurant to reconcile any differences, and to ensure that you were most pleased about your stay. There is little I can do now for you, but I certainly may have been able to address these issues at that time.

I do take issue that the building is not clean. Yes, this is an old building. It is one of the oldes and, I think, coolest in Anchorage, having been built as an apartment building and converted after the 9.2 earthquake into a hotel. The building is neat, and our furniture is all replicated period furniture from that time frame, so it's all relatively new stuff. The hotel is clean. It's also a 60 year old building, with quirks that you might not find anywhere else. Like slow elevators, metal kitchen cabinets, and ghosts. (yes, ghosts). We are also state of the art though, with wifi, business center, comfortable beds, and almost every other amenity that you would find in any hotel elsewhere.

Thank you for your comments. We are not for everyone, just like Alaska isn't for everyone. But, those looking for a very unique, comfortable, and different, feel, this is a great place. I will leave it with your comments that our hotel is one of the better places to stay in Anchorage.

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Merced, California
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I would say, this would compair to a Motel 6....and they rent for 1/3 of the price....
There was hair on the bath room floor, in the tub...baseboards in the Bathrm were very dirty..toilet lid on the underside, didn't look like it had been cleaned in a good long while..
I was not impressed with this hotel at all...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family