“Best hotel in his price range”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Merrill Field Inn

Merrill Field Inn
Ranked #55 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
San Diego, California
“Best hotel in his price range”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2006

We booked this hotel for the first two night, but later we came back to Anchorage, checked different hotels and desided to stay at this hotel two more nights, becasue it was best in his price range and has shuttle service.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank karkas
Gary R, Front Desk Clerk at Merrill Field Inn, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you for the positive review! We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2005

What the advertisments don't tell you is that it is right next to a strip club and an adult book/video store. Moreover, the bedsheets and pillow cases had BLOOD ON IT! When I told the desk clerk about it, he merely rolled his eyes at me and near threw me new bed sheets and pillow cases at me and made me change the sheets myself. Against my better jugdement, I stayed there for several days, and by the third day they "accidentally" given my room key to someone else. So some stranger walked in on my family while we were sleeping. Again I was met with apathy at the front desk. So I asked to talk to the owner, and he was DRUNK! I left immedately after that. However, I have to give credit and thanks to the two very nice young men, because they tried incredibly hard to make my stay comfortable. To be honest, with a boss that gets drunk at work and then tries to talk to the customers, the staff who gives out keys to already rented rooms and housekeeping staff that doesn't notice BLOOD on the bed sheets, I have to say this was one of the worst places I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed July 2005
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Many things have changed since this review was written (8 1/2 years ago). We have remodeled at least twice and we have had several changes in staff. Our laundry is quite clean (and certainly doesn't have blood on it, as you describe). I can't address the issue you bring up about the owner being drunk as I was not employed here at that time, however, I should note that I have never seen or heard of him drinking - perhaps it was some (no longer employed) manager that you talked to?

It is true that there is still a strip club across the street, and the adult store is still there too. However, I have never heard any complaints from customers about the adult store (they are rather discreet in their advertising) and the strip club has not been much of a problem as of late.

I hope this bad experience you had with us several years ago will not predispose you (too much) against us now - our motel is a much cleaner, friendlier, and overall better place than the one you described.

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Travellers also viewed these Anchorage hotels
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Anchorage
#48 of 73 in Anchorage
Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
#43 of 73 in Anchorage

Been to Merrill Field Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Merrill Field Inn

Property: Merrill Field Inn
Address: 420 Sitka St, Anchorage, AK 99501-2830
Region: United States > Alaska > Anchorage
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #55 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Merrill Field Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Merrill Field Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Merrill Field Hotel