“Good breakfast”

Hampton Inn Anchorage
Ranked #10 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Overall it was a good hotel to stay in. We were there for two days. The room was clean.The shuttle service to downtown and back to the hotel and to the airport was fast and convenient. Breakfast was very good. Unfortunately the hot tub did not work and we were looking forward to it. Room keys were getting deactivated several times a day for no apparent reason.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for your review, Our Hot Breakfast is always changing, We hope to see you again

Reviewed 24 June 2013

good to go... nice place.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................will hit this place up when i travel to Kodiak again......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Enuh V, Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor Survey of your stay. I apologize for the delay in response for I am the Task Force General Manager watching over the hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass this information on to our staff.
Hope to see you with us again soon
Kimberly Gonzales

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This Anchorage property is good if you are only in Anchorage for an overnight or you have a car. Otherwise, it would be a long walk to the actual downtown area. The comp shuttle will pick you up at the airport or train station or do the same for drop offs. The rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. I enjoyed having paintings of Alaska wildlife on the walls. The girl at the front desk was absolutely wonderful in getting me an early check in. I was very tired and arrived at 12:45 pm. Check in is supposed to be 3 pm. She worked very hard to find a clean room for me. I really appreciated this. An Applebee's restaurant is right on the premises and there are other eateries also adjacent to the hotel. My window had a screen so I was able to enjoy the comfortable 70 degree Alaska June temperature. Complimentary Internet access is excellent. The housekeeping staff are very kind. I felt a nice welcome at this hotel. Just a little comment about the shuttle driver. He came in to get a couple going to the airport. The gentleman had gone to the restroom. The driver acted disgusted towards the wife at the fact they were not both ready to board. I don't think a couple of minutes would have mattered that much. A little attitude adjustment is needed for this driver. Most of the shuttle drivers I meet at hotels are wonderful. I always tip well to show them that their "service with a smile" is so appreciated. I am giving service at the hotel a Very Good instead of Excellent for this reason...the shuttle driver.

Room Tip: My bathroom was small. If you have a family, ask for a room with a larger bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, As the new GM I am glad our property was a great stay for you.

A TripAdvisor Member
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I recently stayed here for business because other hilton hotels were booked, the bathrooms are dirty and very outdated. It is not worth the price, I could have stayed at motel 6 and had a cleaner bathroom and the free breakfast are not anything to write about unless you like soggy eggs.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am sorry you had an issue during your stay I welcome you to come back and see our new changes

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed 2 nights in late May 2013. Very clean, quiet, safe, and comfortable hotel with a friendly front desk staff. Free Wi-Fi, parking, breakfast, and afternoon cookies. There are a few restaurants within a couple of blocks of the hotel. A Super Walmart is about a 5 minutes drive. The airport and downtown is about 10-15 minutes away. Hampton Inns provide a consistently very good product. value and service IMHO.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Hope to see you with us again soon
Kimberly Gonzales

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Our room was clean and fresh, but the duvet was very lumpy! The breakfast was a bit disapponting for the oprice we paid; Expercted it to be like the Inn at Niagara Falls; However staff were exceptionally kind, courteus and very helpful; A safe in the room would be useful to lock up passports and vaouable. A bit far from town but comp0limentary shuttle service was provide; The drivers were great! We were takng a few days break after our Alaskan cruise with Princess - before flying back to Toronto.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was in Anchorage on business and stayed at the Hampton Inn. The staff was very friendly and the complementary breakfast was awesome. The price was really high but in comparison to other available hotels it was reasonable. I will stay there again on my next visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.