“excellent”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kenai, United States
“excellent”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Excellent hotel and staff. The breakfast items were varied and all enjoyable. We enjoyed our stay and will recommend Hampton Inn to our friends and relatives. The hotel was clean, service was excellet, location a plus, value great, rooms outstanding

1 Thank John P
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your review, We are looking forward to hosting you on your next trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I loved the stay at the Hampton. The employees were so kind and eager to help. I don't have one bad thing to say about my stay. Applebees is less than a football field away, the shuttle took me anywhere I need to be and the breakfast time seems to be extended for everyone's comfort.

1 Thank Sheryl H
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 2 December 2013

We look forward to seeing you again soon with our fresh new look.
Fort Collins, United States
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This Hampton Inn has friendly and helpful staff and the rooms are quiet and clean; while my business stay in Anchorage I had the opportunity to rest and recharge energies every time I got back to the hotel. the breakfast was good and the atmosphere was nice in the morning while people got ready at the lobby near the fireplace. Thanks for the hospitality and for making me feel at home!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Ricardo O
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Wow we are glad we made you feel at home, We strive for 100 percent and I will be sure to pass along the good wishes to my staff.

Thank you for staying with us.
Bethel, Alaska
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn numerous times over several years. It's not necessarily the cheapest all of the time but I've always had good stays. The facilities are well maintained and clean. It's located in mid-town close to restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Recently the quality of breakfast food has gone down a bit on my last stay but still acceptable. Coffee, tea, etc. always available and hot.

The 'gem' here is the staff. I hope they take good care of them as they make or break a hotel. They've been stellar. My last trip i arrived at 2AM after literally flying for 13 hours. I dragged in and the young lady (I'm bad remembering names) at the desk greeted me with just the sweetest smile. She was expecting me, greeted me by name and got me all checked in VERY quickly. Reminded me they had food for sale, about breakfast and if I needed anything else. It made the bad day go away - literally. Morning staff were also nice. The lady working the breakfast area was very personable, friendly and made me feel very welcome.. Wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GSD559
Thank you for your review. I will be sure to let me night time staff know that you made there stay. Our breakfast is currently being changed and we are really excited about the new menu Hampton has come out with. I am sorry the quality has gone down as we go above brand standard to please our guest but I will be addressing this with the breakfast staff.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Anchorage. And the first person we had the opportunity to really speak with was Victoria at the front desk. She has a very outgoing smile and personality which was very pleasant after haven just flown for 9 hours that day. She is a wealth of information about anything you would like to know about Anchorage from a place to dine, shop or just explore. Victoria takes pride in her job and her town and the people who live there. No matter what time of day you saw Victoria she always had a warm greeting for you. Victoria is an employee who is someone to seek out when she is working to ask for her insights. Way to go Victoria keep up your outgoing ways.

2 Thank MG H
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 27 November 2013

I am so glad my Front Office Supervisor Victoria was able to help you. We strive for 100 percent and we expect our staff to go above and beyond. I will be passing you comments on to her and my team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I am a diamond member. I stay at hotels for at least 120 nights out of the year. A couple weeks back I stayed at the Hampton, Inn in Anchorage, Alaska and the Employee's name that helped me so much is Joe Kitchens.

When I checked in, I caught the tail end of a conversation with Joe and the guest he was checking in. They were talking about how bright the Aurora Borealis (Norther Lights for us Southerners) was on Saint Patrick's day. After the guy before me checked in, Joe started checking me in. I explained how I heard the previous conversation, I have been to Alaska at least ten different times, I actually saw a funnel cloud over the Cook Inlet in July 2012, but since all my trips to Alaska have been summer trips I have not seen the Norther Lights because of too much summer sunlight. I told him seeing the Northern Lights was a dream of mine.

Joe explained some hotels in Fairbans, Alaska offer Norther Lights wake up calls. It doesn't matter what time of night it is. If the Aurora is out, the hotel starts waking up people so they can experience that part of AWESOME ALASKA. I asked Joseph if the Hampton offers a similar wake up call service and he said they didn't. I mentioned that would be so awesome and Joe explained Northern Lights watching is really hard in that part of town. He said there was too much city light pollution. It makes seeing the Northern Lights impossible.

Joe was extremely friendly and knew a lot about where a guy who is often away from home can go in Anchorage to get a nice home cooked meal. Thank you for that Joe. Anyway, the reason I am writing is about how Joe went above and beyond what any hotel I have ever stayed at has gone. At 2:45am the phone in my room rang. It was Joe. He was actually off for the night. He called me to let me know the Norther Lights were out. He even suggested I could take my rental car to Flattop Mountain or a spot off the Seward Highway called Beluga Point. I was so tired at that point I may have been a little short with Joe. I am told I can be grumpy when I first wake up. Sorry about that Joe.

I went out in the parking lot and oh my goodness I could see the Norther Lights. They were faint because of the city lights. Anyway, I programmed Beluga Point in the GPS because Joe said to be careful on Flattop since there might be ice up there. I drove to Beluga Point which was about 20 minutes each way. When I got there, I had never in my life seen something as beautiful as I did that night. THEY WERE SPECTACULAR!!!!!

I called several times to leave the general manager a review about my trip and to let him know just how awesome Joe is and how he and all hotels need more employees like Joe. Thanks to Joe and the Hampton I can mark this off my bucket list. I have also notified the clerk in travel that all future Alaska travel with my company; Halliburton, will be staying at the Hampton in Anchorage. The best thank you I can give is my repeat business. I normally stay at the Quality Inn and Suites in Downtown but they were full that night and I am glad they were. Thank you Joe. Thank you Hampton Inn. Joe could have just gone to bed for the night and not given me another thought. I'm so glad he didn't.

Rob from Albuquerque, New Mexico

Room Tip: I wanted a room with a king bed but all that was left when I arrived was a room with two king beds i...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob W
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Wow, Thank you for your great review of our property and staff I will be sure to share this with Joe. We strive for great customer service at all time and hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Alaska.

Thank you again for your kind words.
Tacoma, Washington, USA
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Quick trip for business. Friendly staff. Welcoming lobby with plenty of chairs and tables for viewing football. Nice sundries section since no on site restaurant for room service. Upgrade needed for carpets ..worn in area with patches. Love the down comforters. Bed very comfortable. Overall, clean so will come back again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank C S
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for the review of your stay,

We are currently gearing up for a full renovation of the property and look forward to seeing you as a guest again soon.