Hampton Inn Anchorage
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$100
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$95
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$71
  • Restaurant
US$77
US$67
QualityInn
Best Western Golden Lion Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
BestWestern.com
US$67
Dimond Center Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$140
Travelocity
The Hotel Captain Cook(Anchorage)
US$185
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanhot tubshuttle servicefree breakfastbusiness centercomplimentary shuttleconvenient locationwould recommend this hotel to anyonethe general managerhot breakfasta great stayexercise roomfront desk staffclose to the airportindoor poolthe breakfast areahotel shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My visit here could have been terrible had it not been for the overly courteous front desk staff (Brandon and Neal), as well as the great shuttle drivers (Alex and Kent). These gentlemen's attention to detail and professionalism made an otherwise challenging stay bearable. My next door neighbors were very loud into the early morning hours on several occasions. Brandon approached these guests courteously but firmly, and remedied the situation.

Any requests of the staff, be it printing or scheduling of transportation was done quickly and professionally. The property itself is a little older but is kept in decent repair. My climate control in my room was not functioning properly on this visit, but I was offered a new room in quick order. The common areas as well as the laundry and workout facilities were always clean as well.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quality stay at a fair price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

I am sorry you had an issues during you stay and we are looking into the problems you had. I am so glad my staff was able to service any request.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Our experience at the Anchorage Hampton was excellent from start to finish. Staff was extremely helpful. Check in went smoothly. The room was spotless, well appointed, and quite comfortable. The breakfast was well above average. Check out was very quick.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your kind review, We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Good thing most people have smart phones because this hotel is tucked in. It is a 3 story hotel with elevator in the middle. I had asked to be placed on top floor and away from elevators and other loud fans/employee breakroom/slamming exit doors. We got a 2 queen bedroom. The bed I slept in was really comfortable. The room also has a microwave and small refrigerator. There was a chair with ottoman and reading lamp. The heating equipment was one of those under the window items. A desk with work chair was a nice feature to have. Nice flat screen tv with a printed card of available tv stations. Wifi was useable and free. Bathroom had a good supply of towels and toiletries. And, a bonus, the bathroom has a exhaust fan. Our key cards worked every time. My child used the pool which is located on the first floor. It is a small pool that is 5 feet deep. There is also a hot tub/spa located along side the pool. Pool towels are available, so you don't have to use your room towels, and if there is none left you just have to ask at front desk. You have to use your room key to enter the pool area. Right next to the pool is a small workout room. Also located on the first floor is the business center that has 2 computers with a printer. Next to business center is the self service laundry room. I used the washer and dryer and it was $2.00 for the washer and $2.00 for the dryer. (brought my own laundry soap, but I saw a sign that you can purchase laundry items at the front desk. The lobby area is real cozy with a fireplace. Also doubles as the morning breakfast area. We did not take advantage of the free morning breakfast. At night, the lobby has free tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. Right out the front door is an Applebee's restaurant. We did go there and the restaurant is open late. There is also more places to eat, nearby. We saw Sea Galley, TGIF, and a buffet called Golden Corral. If you have a car, which you need in Anchorage, there is a nice 16 Century Movie theater and Walmart. One morning, we saw a moose near the hotel. We were sitting in the car warming it up and saw the moose eating tree branches. When a car came by it walked away.
There were 2 negative things that happened to me at this hotel. One was that the room smelled like smoke. You don't notice at first. Seemed like when I put the bathroom fan I noticed it. The other problem was when we left for the morning and then came back around 2pm our room was not cleaned. I mentioned this to a cleaning person, who was near our room with their cleaning cart, and she said that is would be cleaned. My child had to change and then we were going out and about. There was a knock on the door and a cleaning lady, Lita, asked if we needed cleaning. I said yes and that we would be leaving in a minute. She started to tell me that we had a door sign that said do not disturb. I said yes, we did have the sign up but left the room that morning at 10am and had removed it. Then, she stated that they have to have all rooms done by 130pm. Sounds like a management problem, not mine, I wanted to tell her. But, from my Anchorage hotel experiences, when you put a do not disturb sign up and the cleaning people see it, then you must not get your room cleaned. You would think that on the weekend that hotel guests are allowed to sleep in and schedule cleaners a bit later. She cleaned the room and saw her leave shortly after that.
The room appeared clean, but under one of the bed dust ruffle was a empty torn open condom wrap. YUK!!! And, the smoke smell was disturbing.
I will probably stay here, again, depending on the price.

Room Tip: Top floor and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the detail account of the hotel and what we offer. I am troubled to read you had two issues during your stay and I welcome you to contact me direct at 907-550-7000 so I may address the issues with housekeeping about your room not being serviced. We strive for 100 percent and we are pleased you will return soon to our property.

Andrew

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Management went above and beyond for my stay. We enjoyed the fresh cookies at check in and the friendly front desk. I will be back again soon next year. We are looking forward to the renovations of this property as well!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for your review about our management team !

Reviewed 23 December 2013

The hotel is cozy. Though not fancy, by any standards, the hotel has a professional feel. The room was relatively spacious, the location was convenient, and I was impressed with the dedication of the staff. If you are looking for a place to stay with minimal cost, without compromising comfort, a convenient location, or, let's face it, safety in location, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wow we are so glad our staff was able to make your stay great!