“Great as always”

Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great as always”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I love Hampton hotels and this one did not disappoint. The rooms are spotless and so very comfortable. The internet worked in a snap which is very important in my line of work. Super friendly staff who are always ready to help with a service minded attitude. I will be sure to book her again.

Note: No water bottle in the room for Silver Rewards status (just saying).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kimberly G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope see you on your next trip to Anchorage.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
austin, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

good place but needs some attention to detail. Them ice water dispenser that remained empty on Saturday and Sunday still just bugs me as it was in plan sight of front desk and was never refilled even after asking. Small matter but it is the small things that do matter.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I will certainly bring this to my desk staffs attention to ensure it does not happen again.
Fairbanks, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've used this hotel for business and personal travel as well as groups traveling together. Their rooms are comfy, clean and quiet. The staff is always friendly and courteous. The breakfast selection in the morning is one of the best in any hotel I've stayed in. The parking is free and there is always plenty of it. And the price is always one of the lowest in town among the nicer hotels in Anchorage.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kimberly G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
So glad to hear we are your Go To Hotel when in Anchorage. We strive to meet all our guests expectations. Hope you enjoy your next stay with us

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel is decorated like all Hamptons but with Alaska lore. Room are amazing, clean, fresh, always perfect and new. Smell nice.....The breakfast is hearty and delicious each morning (included) but can be a bit busy on weekends or summer when lots of kids and families. Highly recomend, where I always stay in Anchorage.

Room Tip: Book offseason in Fall for best rates
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for stay with again. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you next time you are in Anchorage.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had a truly horrible experience at the Hampton Inn in Anchorage, AK.  My husband and I travel extensively for business, and this was a 10 day business trip.  One evening when we were going out to dinner, I tucked my iPad into the drawer by my bed.  I would have put it in a safe, but there was none provided in the room.  When we returned, it was gone! Stolen! We immediately notified the staff on duty at the front desk. They were sympathetic, but said all they could do was report it to the corporate office.  The next day, the hotel tested my door lock and found out the only time the room was accessed while we were out was by someone using a hotel master key.  I filed a police report and I was assured by Kimberly [--], Task Force General Manager at the hotel that I would be contacted by the corporate office.

One month later, I have yet to hear one word from either Hampton or the Hilton Corporation.  No apology, no offer to reimburse me, no attempt to stand by their motto of "If you're not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay.  That's our commitment and your guarantee." Wow, sounds good.  But guess what.  The only thing I've been told is that they have no obligation to provide me with a safe and secure environment.  WHAT??  WOMEN BEWARE.  Is this the type hotel you'll feel safe in?  I certainly don't. As a Hilton Honors member, the lack of response I have received is deplorable and inexcusable.  Hilton, you have failed terribly.  I have such a bad tast from this experience, I am not comfortable  dealing with any of their hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
10 Thank Vince D
Rick G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 15 March 2015
The Hampton Inn Anchorage's location is a huge sell point for our property. We are directly in the middle of town. Within walking distance of restaurants and bars and driving distance to local entertainment and grocery stores. Not to mention our shuttle drops off downtown and 24 hours back and forth to the airport. We hope to see you again in the future.

Rick Garcia
Odessa, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The trip and stay was good and have stayed at this motel several times with this being the forst time of having problems with the shower. The only other problem I have each time I stay here is getting on the internet service when I stay on the third floor. Once I get connectted I stay on and don't get off. Have looked at the other things, Swimming pool, excerise room, etc and very pleased with them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kimberly G, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
I appreciate hearing about your stay and hope that your issue was resolved within a timely manner. We are glad that you stay with us so frequently and look forward to seeing you soon.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel not only had great views from the room, it was super convenient to everything downtown and only a few minutes from the airport. Comfortable beds, breakfast selection was pretty good. Coffee was great as with all Hampton Inns. Should also mention rooms were quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Eric L
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are glad it was quiet and in a great location. Hope you see you next time.