“Noisy Nest”

Hampton Inn Anchorage
Ranked #12 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you plan to stay at the Anchorage Hampton Inn, be sure and ask for a room to the west side of the hotel, away from the main road. Very noisy and not a good nights sleep. The breakfast area was lacking in utensils and selection. The room was not properly cleaned and there was a large tear in the middle of the carpet floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rick G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

First and foremost thank you for you for choosing our hotel during your stay in our beautiful city of Anchorage, Alaska. I apologize that you stay was not up to par. We strive to provide the best service possible and we make sure the breakfast area is always the highlight of our guests stay. I am deeply sorry we were unable to do accomplish that during your stay. We are starting a renovation soon on the entire building and we promise to offer a great product. I enourage you to try our hotel again and were in the perfect location for all your shopping and traveling needs. Contact me directly at the hotel for future reservation, I will make sure you have a pleasant stay.

Rick Garcia
907-550-7000

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Anchorage

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The first time I stayed here was for convenience as it was right around the corner from the location my business meeting was to take place at. The other times I stayed here was because I could count on the quality of service provided. I have 2 critiques: 1) Rooms that are on the first floor in the pool area make the rooms have a 'damp/stuffy' atmosphere. I recommend not placing people in for business in this area 2) The staff should be more aware and thoughtful about who they place in rooms with an adjoining door. A person in for business shouldn't be place next to a room with a family in town for leisure. Both cases were experienced at my last stay.

Other than that, the quality of the rooms and service was good. Also, they provide cookies day and night - and I like cookies! :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hello and thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Anchorage. I see that youre in town for business and I would love to send your information over to our sales team to work out some type of corporate rate. With that corporate rate we could also add that you like to be on a higher floor away from the pool. We'll customize your requests to your liking. I am glad you enjoyed the cookies and we hope you plan on enjoying them more in the future and just an FYI, we will be renovating the hotel this upcoming winter. So please do not hesitate to set up an account with us for future reservations.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Originally booked through Priceline.com who messed up and couldn't care less. A quick phone conversation directly with Brandon sorted the matter out and we thoroughly enjoyed our last evening in Alaska. Not only was the hotel top class, but it was serviced by a top class shuttle service into town, or the airport on demand. We'll certainly be back for more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rick G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

I am glad that we were able to turn your experience around during your stay. I will pass your kind words over to Brandon and we appreciate your feedback. Service doesnt stop at our front desk and in our minds, we offer the best shuttle service in town. Just so you know our shuttle operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week, for future reference. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly at the hotel for future bookings and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Good location, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only disappointment was the breakfast - all of the "hot" food was cold. A fresh pan of scrambled eggs was brought in as we arrived and they were also oddly cold - very unappetizing! As nice as the hotel is, the poor breakfast was a deal breaker and we probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kimberly G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I apologize about your experience with the breakfast during your time with us. This is certainly not normal and we have put a plan in place to ensure this does not happen again. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

In the heart of midtown Anchorage, the hotel is close to the airport, and multiple dining sites. As with all, the breakfast is plentiful and well done. The thing that stands out is the front desk and the folks that work there, no problem is too big and if there are any they are quickly solved. I generally try and stay at Hampton Inns but this particular one is outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank richard d

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I am glad our team was able to take care of you during your stay to Anchorage. Hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent hotel, clean and staff was very friendly and went out of their way to accomodate us! The staff went above and beyond! In a great location as well - awesome restaurants near by! Was appreciative of the airport shuttle!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

First and foremost we appreciate your business and thank you for your feedback. Here at the Hampton Inn Anchorage, we strive to give the best guest service possible. It is very convenient to be within walking distance of more then 10 top restaurants. Our 24 hour shuttle operates all year and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I love Hampton hotels and this one did not disappoint. The rooms are spotless and so very comfortable. The internet worked in a snap which is very important in my line of work. Super friendly staff who are always ready to help with a service minded attitude. I will be sure to book her again.

Note: No water bottle in the room for Silver Rewards status (just saying).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope see you on your next trip to Anchorage.