“Good location for Anchorage downtown sightseeing”
Review of Earth B&B

Earth B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Earth B&B
Ranked #64 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2011

On our last night in Anchorage, we stayed at Earth B&B. This was my first bed and breakfast experience in the US. I had stayed at B&B in Europe and Morocco before and had always enjoyed those stays so I decided to give B&B in the US a try as well.

What I like most about this B&B is its great location within walking distance to Anchorage downtown which makes sightseeing super convenient for us since we did not have a car for our last day in Anchorage.

Lori provided shuttle service for us after we returned our rental car at the airport to take us to the B&B for check-in. For the next morning flight we had an insane early flight at 6am so we called a cab which was about $17.00 and it was easy.

Due to the early departure, Lori told us to just grab the breakfast items in the kitchen and bring with us. I actually ate my breakfast on board the flight to Minneapolis.

Regarding the shared bathroom, I had some concerns before I stayed here but actually you only shared the bathroom with one other room so it was not bad at all. The room itself was a little bit cold for us but the blanket kept us warm for the night.

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative than a hotel stay near downtown Anchorage, this B&B is definitely an option.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jls3721

Reviewed 8 July 2011

We used Earth B and B as our Anchorage base for a climbing trip to Denali. Rhonda and Lori looked after us really well- starting with a wonderful barbecue which happened to coincide with our arrival! Chris, Dan, Liesl, Kay and Lindsay

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank chrisi027
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed at Earth B&B before and after our Denali climb. On our first day there we were invited to a BBQ by our hosts and we were treated to a vast spread of food and a very entertaining evening. We felt very much at home, thoroughly enjoyed the rest, the wonderful breakfasts, home made cookies and being driven to shops and the airport. Thank you Lori and Rhonda!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LieslW
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed here before and after our Denali climb. Close to downtown and the airport - very convenient. Prices are very reasonable especially when sharing a room, and rooms are clean and tidy. Innkeepers were extremely friendly and helpful- even drove me to the airport! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trudi_Alameda
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I had a great stay at the Earth B&B ahead of climbing Mt Denali. Lori and Rhonda make you feel completely at home and the breakfast is awesome. Real value for money. I will definitely be back when I visit Anchorage again for some sightseeing next time around.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LloydScott
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Lori & Rhonda are perfect hosts. Their hospitality is famous all over Anchorage, and even best known in Switzerland. After having climbed Denali (McKinley), it was just great to relax at Earth B&B. I'll definitely come back.

Regards,
Markus and friends from Switzerland

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Markus D
Reviewed 16 June 2011

this is a must place to stay . Lori and Rhonda are the best.......they were extremely helpful and more than accomodatiing.....our room was beautiful with a private bath. Morning breakfasts were great. They picked us up at airport and drove us north to Talkeetna ......and after our mountain fun there...came back to pick us up......I hope we meet again....Thanks a bunch. Dean and Doris

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends