“Enjoyable lunch at Namaste”
Review of Namaste Shangri-la

Namaste Shangri-la
Ranked #92 of 890 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Tibetan
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Overall, the food was very tasty ... I was a little disappointed that there weren't more Nepalese menu items (or at least Nepalese food that I recognized ... I realize that menus in the Everest region probably don't display the full depth of Nepalese food). I was hoping for my first Dal Bhat since my trip to Nepal. Regardless, the food was very good and the staff was very attentive. I wouldn't hesitate to eat there again.

1  Thank MrEMan2
There are newer reviews for Namaste Shangri-la

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great place to eat Indian food in Anchorage. Food was like home made and the service was very pleasant

1  Thank Nirav S
Reviewed 1 July 2014

On the way to airport, decided to have dinner at this place. We were disappointed as Nepalese dishes were not available. We asked for a couple of curries and baskets of flat breads. All were good and authentic tastes. We had very satisfying meal before we left Anchorage. It was good to see many Indian families eating in the place.

1  Thank goodvegifood
Reviewed 30 June 2014

You wouldn't expect to find good Indian food in this strip mall next to nicknack stores, but if you go to get there, you won't be disappointed. While the servings are not large, the pleasure to the palate is great. Expect to spend about $25 per person, including tip, for enough food and drink to leave you pleasantly full and looking forward to the next visit. The four of us ordered two naan sides (delicious, and great for scooping up every last bit of the sauces) and four entrees to share, plus drinks. My favorite was one of the chicken curry dishes. I ordered it medium spicey and it came just right. With the rice and naan to tamp down the heat, I enjoyed it immensely. The rice is nicely seasoned with salt and oil and tastes good all by itself, so don't hesitate to ask for a refill. The menu is long and a bit intimidating for someone who doesn't eat Indian much, but ask the waiter or waitress for help and they will be happy to guide you. And relax, no matter what you order, you can hardly go wrong. You know your in an authentic Indian restaurant when there are more Indians eating there than any other nationality.

2  Thank JJTrouble
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The food was superb, and the service fantastic. From the moment you walk in, you are greeted by an amazing blend of super-yummy spice and food scents. They had many, many, many vegetarian, gluten free and vegan options. Simply fantastic. I cannot say enough about how great this experience was, and that is very rare for me to say! I went with a friend,and everything we had was simply amazing. We can't wait to go back. It's good we live an air flight away or I would be eating here all the time.

2  Thank Karen S