“Location!”
Review of Hilton Anchorage

Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #15 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here several times for local events. There are 3 very nice hotels in downtown Anchorage.The Hilton, Marriott and Captain Cook. All are within walking distance of the local shops but the Hilton has the best location. In summer, it's Saturday Market across the street, the railroad station and the museum. Not to mention 5 th Avenue mall . It's the easiest place to access the best of downtown.
It's also the oldest of the three. It's been renovated but it's not as sparkly as the others. I love the lobby area. The staff is very friendly and helpful .The best.
Rooms are comfy and the views of the mountains are available from most everywhere. The food is good but spendy. The pool is small but nice and the gym is quite good . I choose it for location and the great staff.

• Stayed: September 2012
olesea v, Front Office Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

We are delighted about your experience at Hilton Anchorage and on behalf of our staff we would like to thank you for choosing Hilton. We hope you will be back in the area and we will be extremely happy to serve you again

Always at your service
Hilton Anchorage family

Olesea velesco
Front office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,650)

Reviewed 20 September 2012

After a lovely cruise with great food and stimulating scenery, the last thing you want is a shabby hotel with indifferent staff and few amenities. Anchorage itslef is no great shakes but this Hilton was poor indeed. The reception areas look like they need a lick of paint (and a good clean) and they are crowded with people (like us) coming off cruise ships, so the whole place looks disorganised. When we checked in, albeit before the actual check in time, the unhelpful woman on reception told us 'you'll just have to wait - come back in two hours'. When we finally did reach our room what a contrast to others we stayed in on the trip. It was small, stuffy, ill furnished and the bed was uncomfortable. We had a difficulty storing our luggage but our inclination was to get out of it as soon as possible. thank goodness someone had recommended decent restaurants for lunch and dinner as I wouldn't have wanted to use theirs. We did, for breakfast, and it was practically inedible. We had the buffet which, by the time we reached it, had mainly empty receptacles and a staff unwilling to put in more. What was there was on the cold side - yuck. Rarely have I been so pleased to get away from a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we strive to ensure guests have an exceptional stay from check-in to check-out.
We hope you will give us a chance and stay with us again. If there is anyhting we can do for you please, don't hesitate to contact me directly at olesea.velesco@hilton.com
Thank you again for your feedback.

Olesea Velesco
front Office manager

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I read mixed reviews about this hotel before booking here. The reviews had me wondering if I made the right decision.

This hotel obviously has a little age behind it. However, the rooms have been renovated and were nicely appointed. On the last stay, I was upgraded to a corner suite. We had exceptional views of the cook inlet in a very large room. The standard room was also a nice size.

If you have access to the executive lounge - this is a little gem. There is a small deck that you can have a cocktail... take in the Cook Inlet and maybe even a little peak at Denali if the clouds are in your favor.

The hotel is right in the heart of downtown, and is right across the street from the weekend market.

The only negative is the valet parking and cost associated. All of the business hotels downtown will have paid parking, and only one that I know of offers a self-park option... so this drawback is consistent with other options.

If you are planning to spend a couple of days enjoying Anchorage, get away from mid-town and take it in downtown.

Room Tip: A room with a Cook Inlet view can't be beat.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We spent 7 nights at the Hilton Anchorage for a combined conference vacation. We used points, which made this a great value. Otherwise, I believe the rates are high for what it is - comparable to what you would pay in New York City. What the hotel lacks in cleanliness and newness (the maid service leaves a little to be desired) it makes up in service. Shelby, Charlotte, & Carmen at front desk, Chris at bell station, Rodney the banquet manager, and Holly in banquets all made extra efforts to ensure we had a comfortable stay and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

You cannot find a more convenient location. The Hilton Anchorage is within walking distance to everything in downtown, great restaurants, train station, museum, shopping and tour agents.

Room Tip: Apparently rooms in the East Tower are newer and have great views. Be warned they also come with noi...
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The hotel seemed shabby for a Hilton: the furnishings were outdated and the windows were filthy - which was a shame because the views of the mountains were wonderful. However, the outstanding service by Keedryn at the front desk turned what began with some negatives into a positive experience.

The buffet breakfast was very good: the cook station chef found an avocado for my omelet. I guess I'm spoiled by the Embassy Suites, however, as I've gotten used to expecting this to be included in the room rate.

Room Tip: The king rooms on the corner have views from two sides, great mountain vistas when it's clear.
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Based on some of the reviews I read here, I was a bit apprehensive booking this hotel, but decided to try it...I'm gald I did.

Yeah, it does fell a little dated, but they've upgraded and remodeled and it shows. When combining the service, the quality of the room and furnishings, and the location, it's an easy choice.

Here are my highlights
++ Breakfast buffet was fantastic. Cook-to-order omelets to go along with fresh fruit, cheese, baked goods, and the usual hot sides made it one of the best I've eaten at any hotel. They serve Starbucks coffee too
++ I found the service to be stellar. Every staff member with whom I've interacted have been friendly and helpful. I don't usually ask a lot of a hotel, but when I do, I expect a resonable response.

Overall, this place is in a great location, friendly and helpful staff, and a good value overall.

Room Tip: If you're looking for ideas for activities, talk to the Concierge. They're locals and have a...
1  Thank Hoosier_Packer
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I've always stayed at the Captain Cook but they were full with cruise passengers so I tried the Hilton on 3rd St. Very helpful and quick valets, quick check in and accommodating staff. Nice room. Slow internet though. I would definitely stay here again. All the good hotels in Anchorage up to mid Sept are very expensive, but the views and location soften the blow a little.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
olesea v, Front Office Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Guest

We always appreciate a good comment and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will be back to our property and enjoy Alaska again. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at olesea.velesco@hilton.com, when you decide to come back we will be more than happy to assist you with any special requests and to make sure you have an unforgettable experience with us.

Best regards,