“Very Good Hotel in the City”
Review of Hilton Anchorage

Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very Good Hotel in the City”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Great Downtown Hotel. Nice Clean Rooms and Restaurant. Very good value for my travel dollar. The Building looked somewhat old on the outside, but inside the property is completely updated. Have not made it to the Honors Lounge, but I'm sure it will be fine as well.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower on a high floor. The hotel is on of the tallest buildings and on a good day the v...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ketchikan, Alaska
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This last week I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Hotel in Anchorage...it was quite by accident as I had a confirmed reservations for 4 days at the Howard Johnson Hotel in Anchorage but on arrival was informed that my reservation could not be honored as the hotel was closing the next day. Needless to say I was a bit shocked hearing this news and quite unhappy that management hadn't obviously even considered contacting to let me know this before my arrival.

I had the hotel call around to see if a room with my desired specifications and amenities could be located nearby in the downtown area...the Hilton Hotel was happy to offer a room and also made sure that I received the special rate for the convention I was in town attending.

Upon my check-in, 15 minutes later, I was greeted warmly by the front desk staff who had my reservation in order. In addition to directing me to locations in town where I might find items I needed to by, the staff also provided me with free WiFi for the duration of my visit.

I give an A Plus to all the staff who were so very nice and provided excellent customer service...thank you all for being there and for taking such good care of me during my visit!

for desired room

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton. Our room was beautiful with a great view. The location was great as well. It is just a short walk to the Egan center which was perfect. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Overall a nice getaway.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Cloudplasencia
Chicago
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This Hilton is located in downtown Anchorage close to small, independent businesses, a few restaurants and the 5th Avenue Mall. Walking around is easy. Not much there. Quirky little stores. Lots of authentic hand-crafted stuff by local artists and native Alaskans. You get the feeling you're never that far from a Greyhound Bus Station when you're "downtown." The real action is, of course, happening with the wide range of wildlife and outdoor activities just beyond Anchorage. The hotel feels dated, but has enough going for it to be on the list of places to consider staying. Cleanliness was just "ok." Nice that there is a Starbucks right in the lobby that has long enough hours to seem very hospitable. Staff are friendly, if not really knowledgeable. I asked about going to the Anchorage visitors centre and one other location. Hotel staff gave inaccurate info on both accounts, though they were quite friendly and willing to help. The gym is slightly better equipped than most hotels. Food is hit or miss. Some lunch items were very very good. At other times I wished I had been a little less lazy and ventured out for food.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Hotel has 2 towers. One has already been renovated. The other is in the midst...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed twice during the month. We were a tour group. The initial check-in was a shambles. On arival at check-in the front desk staff had no idea about us and the manager was called. He didn't seem to be very with it either. Eventually they did locate our booking. The bellhop service had been prepaid for bag delivery/collection at time of booking but I was informed that they knew nothing about us and therefore I would have to pay for the whole group in cash. After all was eventually sorted I was not given a refund even though this service had been prepaid with our booking done months before!
The restaurant is, well, I suggest you find something outside of the hotel as it is very average. There are some great restaurants just around the corner.
Otherwise the hotel is fine. I will say on our return visit all went to plan with no hiccups!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night prior to a cruise. Princess lost our luggage and the Hilton staff quickly rectified the situation and got our luggage back. One elevator was being repaired so it took a while to get to and from our room but at least they were doing work on it at night and not prime daytime.

Our room was not as dated as the rest of our hotel. Standard room. Nice view. Adequate. I did like the toiletries - not the generic toiletries typically supplied.

There is a small cafe which we did not eat at. There is also a shop for toiletries/things you may have forgotten to pack as well as souvenirs. The breakfast buffet was very expensive - even for our New York expectations. There is an excellent breakfast place around the corner.

Overall, our stay was fine considering we were just there over night. Would consider staying again if it were for one night.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Service was top notch! Rooms were a bit small and no extras like a microwave or fridge. No free breakfast or free wifi. Won't stay here again. Not when other hotels offer more amenities at lower prices.

• Stayed September 2012