“Great downtown location.”
Review of Hilton Anchorage

Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Now, I am not normally a chair hotel fan and this hotel did has its major drawbacks (terrible and expensive Starbucks coffee in the lobby), but overall the experience was exceptional. The room was very clean and the complementary toiletries plenty. The cleaning staff stayed out of the room and much to my surprise and happiness, only changed the towels and sheets when I asked. The bell people were exceptionally nice and helpful: and, the desk staff very accommodating. Overall, I very much enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank lgtobin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I was very pleased that the Hilton Anchorage allowed me to check in early.....at 630am. I had taken a red eye flight from Seattle and was worried I was not going to be able to check in until noon at the earliest. I decided to give it a shot and sure enough, they were very understanding and accommodating. This is actually the second time they've extended this to me...as two years ago, I checked in around 930am. Although I'm not implying this can always be extended due to availability, it was a nice gesture on their part. The Hilton is the only hotel I stay at when visiting Anchorage.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Great Downtown Hotel. Nice Clean Rooms and Restaurant. Very good value for my travel dollar. The Building looked somewhat old on the outside, but inside the property is completely updated. Have not made it to the Honors Lounge, but I'm sure it will be fine as well.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower on a high floor. The hotel is on of the tallest buildings and on a good day the v...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This last week I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Hotel in Anchorage...it was quite by accident as I had a confirmed reservations for 4 days at the Howard Johnson Hotel in Anchorage but on arrival was informed that my reservation could not be honored as the hotel was closing the next day. Needless to say I was a bit shocked hearing this news and quite unhappy that management hadn't obviously even considered contacting to let me know this before my arrival.

I had the hotel call around to see if a room with my desired specifications and amenities could be located nearby in the downtown area...the Hilton Hotel was happy to offer a room and also made sure that I received the special rate for the convention I was in town attending.

Upon my check-in, 15 minutes later, I was greeted warmly by the front desk staff who had my reservation in order. In addition to directing me to locations in town where I might find items I needed to by, the staff also provided me with free WiFi for the duration of my visit.

I give an A Plus to all the staff who were so very nice and provided excellent customer service...thank you all for being there and for taking such good care of me during my visit!

for desired room

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton. Our room was beautiful with a great view. The location was great as well. It is just a short walk to the Egan center which was perfect. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Overall a nice getaway.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Cloudplasencia
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This Hilton is located in downtown Anchorage close to small, independent businesses, a few restaurants and the 5th Avenue Mall. Walking around is easy. Not much there. Quirky little stores. Lots of authentic hand-crafted stuff by local artists and native Alaskans. You get the feeling you're never that far from a Greyhound Bus Station when you're "downtown." The real action is, of course, happening with the wide range of wildlife and outdoor activities just beyond Anchorage. The hotel feels dated, but has enough going for it to be on the list of places to consider staying. Cleanliness was just "ok." Nice that there is a Starbucks right in the lobby that has long enough hours to seem very hospitable. Staff are friendly, if not really knowledgeable. I asked about going to the Anchorage visitors centre and one other location. Hotel staff gave inaccurate info on both accounts, though they were quite friendly and willing to help. The gym is slightly better equipped than most hotels. Food is hit or miss. Some lunch items were very very good. At other times I wished I had been a little less lazy and ventured out for food.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Hotel has 2 towers. One has already been renovated. The other is in the midst...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed twice during the month. We were a tour group. The initial check-in was a shambles. On arival at check-in the front desk staff had no idea about us and the manager was called. He didn't seem to be very with it either. Eventually they did locate our booking. The bellhop service had been prepaid for bag delivery/collection at time of booking but I was informed that they knew nothing about us and therefore I would have to pay for the whole group in cash. After all was eventually sorted I was not given a refund even though this service had been prepaid with our booking done months before!
The restaurant is, well, I suggest you find something outside of the hotel as it is very average. There are some great restaurants just around the corner.
Otherwise the hotel is fine. I will say on our return visit all went to plan with no hiccups!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends