“Expected more”
Review of Hilton Anchorage

Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference. The hotel itself is very nice, but the little things added up to make my opinion. First of all, when I checked in, I asked for the time the conference started and was given the wrong time. The rooms were nice, but the little toiletries they give you seemed like they were made for men, which is fine, but I think it's unusual. Then, they didn't even make up my room one day. I ordered Eggs Benedict for breakfast at the restaurant ($17) and the hollandaise sauce was just straight up cold, like they didn't even try to heat it up. Then, the elevator was broken. I told an employee there and they said they were aware of the broken elevator and were fixing it. Later, I got on the same elevator and it was still broken. When it got down to the bottom floor, the door wouldn't open. I don't think they should let people use a broken elevator. So, really, not huge things. I just believe that if a hotel is going to charge as much as this hotel, they should be held to a higher standard.

1  Thank Youwinsome
olesea v, Front Office Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton. We apologize for the malfunctioning elevator during your stay and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team to ensure service is restored as soon as possible. Your feedback regarding the condition of your breakfast meal will be addressed and we apologize it was cold. We will be sure to address the issues with the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area. Please email me directly when you will be in town next time and we will make sure to take acre of details

Olesea Velesco

Reviewed 27 October 2012

The hotel is very nice and in a good location in the down town area near lots of shops and restaurants. It is less than a couple of blocks from the visitor centre. The rooms were very clean and quite large. The bed was very comfortable and we had good service.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AlmostRetiredNiagara
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Now, I am not normally a chair hotel fan and this hotel did has its major drawbacks (terrible and expensive Starbucks coffee in the lobby), but overall the experience was exceptional. The room was very clean and the complementary toiletries plenty. The cleaning staff stayed out of the room and much to my surprise and happiness, only changed the towels and sheets when I asked. The bell people were exceptionally nice and helpful: and, the desk staff very accommodating. Overall, I very much enjoyed the experience.

1  Thank lgtobin
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I was very pleased that the Hilton Anchorage allowed me to check in early.....at 630am. I had taken a red eye flight from Seattle and was worried I was not going to be able to check in until noon at the earliest. I decided to give it a shot and sure enough, they were very understanding and accommodating. This is actually the second time they've extended this to me...as two years ago, I checked in around 930am. Although I'm not implying this can always be extended due to availability, it was a nice gesture on their part. The Hilton is the only hotel I stay at when visiting Anchorage.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Great Downtown Hotel. Nice Clean Rooms and Restaurant. Very good value for my travel dollar. The Building looked somewhat old on the outside, but inside the property is completely updated. Have not made it to the Honors Lounge, but I'm sure it will be fine as well.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower on a high floor. The hotel is on of the tallest buildings and on a good day the v...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This last week I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Hotel in Anchorage...it was quite by accident as I had a confirmed reservations for 4 days at the Howard Johnson Hotel in Anchorage but on arrival was informed that my reservation could not be honored as the hotel was closing the next day. Needless to say I was a bit shocked hearing this news and quite unhappy that management hadn't obviously even considered contacting to let me know this before my arrival.

I had the hotel call around to see if a room with my desired specifications and amenities could be located nearby in the downtown area...the Hilton Hotel was happy to offer a room and also made sure that I received the special rate for the convention I was in town attending.

Upon my check-in, 15 minutes later, I was greeted warmly by the front desk staff who had my reservation in order. In addition to directing me to locations in town where I might find items I needed to by, the staff also provided me with free WiFi for the duration of my visit.

I give an A Plus to all the staff who were so very nice and provided excellent customer service...thank you all for being there and for taking such good care of me during my visit!

for desired room

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton. Our room was beautiful with a great view. The location was great as well. It is just a short walk to the Egan center which was perfect. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Overall a nice getaway.

1  Thank Cloudplasencia