“convenient location”
Review of Hilton Anchorage

Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 12 February 2013

The room was clean and smallish. TV was nice flat screen. View was to die for of the inlet, sunset and Alaska range. The workout room was the best I have seen in a hotel in Anchorage with a lot of cardio a space. The pool was clean and the warmest most comfortable I have seen in Anchorage also. Location was convenient as the conference was in the building and walking easy to many downtown restaurants. Negatives were paying for parking and walking to the hotel from the lot. We luckily didnt use the internet but to charge for that in this day and age is pathetic. Food prices in the lobby were outrageous also.

Room Tip: Any upper floor rooms have great views!!!!!

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stayed here for a conference and it was an adequate hotel. Nothing stands out as exceptional, but the room was clean and the staff extremely polite and helpful. It is evident that this hotel is aging and struggling to keep up with the times but I cannot complain about anything in particular. I frequently stay at a Marriott and even in the older Marriott hotels, they seem to have done a better job at keeping the look fresh and the hotel up to date.

The room was very nice - I had requested a King but received two Doubles. They offered to change it for me but I liked the location and view from the room so I kept it. The bathroom is standard - tub and shower with nice water pressure. Unlike most of the pictures I have seen of these rooms, mine had a great flat panel TV that worked well. Otherwise, the room was just another hotel room... nothing to truly set it apart from the rest.

I did not eat at the hotel, but did have drinks with my colleagues in the hotel bar. Service was extremely nice and fast. Valet parking was $24 per day which I felt to be a little pricey but the service was fast and friendly.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay - great location and friendly hotel staff. Not the best hotel I've ever stayed in but far from the worst!

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Although this hotel is located in a downscale section of Anchorage, I felt very safe. The security is excellent as are the services. This hotel has a great business center, good dining services at different levels and was very clean!\

Room Tip: West Tower-the fitness center is there so you don't have to walk through the lobby in your post...
1  Thank caniumamo
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I recently stayed at the Anchorage Hilton for a conference. Helpful check-in staff, room was clean, and the location served me well while in town. I had a room up on the 19th floor which provided a great view of the water and mountains beyond. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try a higher floor in the Anchorage tower for a better view.
2  Thank Happy_Vacationers2
Reviewed 3 February 2013

No breakfast, no shuttle and EXTRA $13 for internet per day. Also nothing special about room except how high up you can be. Not worth the extra money PLUS all the extras like internet, breakfast and taxi ride - not worth it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
olesea v, Front Office Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Dear valued guest,

We would like to apologize for your experience at our property. Unfortunately we don't provide any transportation to or from airport. And It's a Hilton standard to charge for internet. We definitely apologize for any inconvenience and we would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade for your next stay and free WI-fi. Please, don't hesitate to contact me via email or phone, if there is anything else i can do for you.
Please, accept our apology again and thank you for choosing Hilton.

Olesea Velesco
Front Office manager
olesea.velesco@hilton.com

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel in January for a work function. Upon my departure, I had failed to pack one of my essential toiletry bags. When I got home (in WA state), I realized that I had left it on the back of the bathroom door. I immediately called to find out that it was turned in. They even shipped it to me free of charge. I received it in no time. You have no idea how relieved I was to not have to replace all of those expensive items. Thanks to the GREAT STAFF

Room Tip: My only comment is that the bathroom is a bit small. The toilet is almost on top of the vanity. If I...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2013

This is a downtown hotel that charges like it is downtown NY. Anchorage is not a big city. It is easy to get around and the people are super friendly. But, $24.00 per day to park a car??. All of the employees we made contact with were very friendly, extended excellent service and truly cared about our stay. The breakfast buffet was very good and the cook was willing to be creative when I wanted a custom made omelet to which he delivered to my table personally.

The room we ended up in (after moving two times) was a bit small but comfortable. The bed skirting was starting to fray and the mattress was getting to the end of its useful life. No hard wire internet connection in my room only Wi-Fi. This hotel has smoking rooms so make sure you ask for what you want; room change number one. There are also rooms located next to the elevator and vending/ice machines which are very small; room change number two. The rooms are quite but, hot water was barely adequate. In room safe is a nice addition.

The only reason I do not give this hotel higher marks is due to the cost of parking, rooms needing a bit of refreshing, being put in a smoking room without being asked, and then, being moved to a tiny room by the elevator/vending/ice machines.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available so ask for what you want.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family