“Hilton Anchorage”

Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Edmonton, Canada
“Hilton Anchorage”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The hotel is dated but clean. We had trouble with the dead bolt and called maintance to have it fixed. When we came back (about an hour) they had fixed it but there was a note in the bathroom that housekeeping had found a plugged drain in the tub and it was ripped apart with black dirty water sitting in it. We called the front desk and they were apologetic and courterous and moved us to a new room at a discounted rate with access to their club lounge. Shouldn't housekeeping have found the plugged drain when they cleaned the room before we checked in? The Bruin bar had terrible service. We watched the female bartender hang twinkle lights for 15 minutes before we cancelled our order and left.

1 Thank Quackermill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Hilton Anchorage is ok. the hotel is somewhat dated in mechanical aspects HVAC for some of the rooms and the scary elevators. The staff in food and beverage were great. There was a problem on arrival for me with my merchandise and check in to the room. Overall I probably would not stay at this hotel, the Marriott down the street about 6 blocks away smaller , but newer and nicer property.

Kenmore, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Staff was very nice. Very impressed with the service. The hotel had everything that we needed. Rooms on inside were small, but clean. Rooms on outside had beautiful views of Cook Inlet. Ask for those rooms.

Indianola, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight here while on a Holland American Cruise. It was handy to the train depot and the cruise line had buses arranged for us but it was really close enough to walk.

The hotel had a modern feel and was comfortable. The desk clerk was very attentive and noticed that I had two reservations for the night and worried something was wrong. But I had booked another room for my adult kids.

The rooms were quite nice and spacious. Only complaint was that I had pre ordered drinks to be in the room on arrival. Well, we never did see them! But at least we didn't get charged for them !!

We met friends for drinks and dessert at the bar. Nice place but really busy with cruisers!

So to close.... Comfortable, modern, friendly. I'd come back!

• Stayed September 2013
Southwest US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed here for three nights during a work related trade show being held at the hotel. The parking at this hotel is 100% valet so I was a little nervous about that at first, but we didn't experience any difficulties or delays because the guys at the bell stand were very accommodating and friendly. I also found that this hotel empowers its front desk staff to handle any issues promptly and efficiently. During our 2nd night, the person(s) in the room next door kept their TV on all night at a high volume. We were so tired that we didn't care at first, but were awakened several times in the night by the sounds coming through the wall. When I left the room that morning at 7:00 AM, the TV was still blaring out into the hallway so I went to the front desk and complained. The young lady who helped me apologized for the difficulty, noted that the offending guest(s) would be there for several more nights and then moved me to an upgraded room on a different floor without any hesitation. I also had a great experience upon checkout after I had changed plans and needed to leave a day early. As far as the hotel itself goes, the rooms were fine and I didn't have any concerns. If you appreciate good service and like to be treated well, I recommend the Hilton Anchorage without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the inlet and mountains.
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I had made a reservation and called to cancel it about 1 month prior to the actual day, and because some incompetent staff person did not cancel it (or even give me a cancellation number) I was charged a "no show" fee of over $200. This is no way to treat customers. Are you kidding me? I don't have money to throw away like that! Absolutely horrible service and it took them 3 months after following up several times for them to even answer me

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Califsusan
Scott D, General Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Califsusan,

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry to hear of the miscommunication with our staff and urge you to please contact me directly so we can clear up this issue.

Best Regards,

Scott Doonan
scott.doonan@hilton.com

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Walkertown, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

we stayed for one night in July at the end of our HollandAmerica tour and found it to be a quiet and beautiful hotel with lots of amenities, like a nice bar, great gift shop and plenty of seating areas and group spaces. Our room was lovely and the bed and bed clothes were just so comfy; we could walk very easily to lots of places to eat and great shopping.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple