Hilton Anchorage
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$71
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$95
US$128
SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$122
Dimond Center Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$167
  • Restaurant
US$144
TripAdvisor
1,667 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebell staffweekend marketwithin walking distancebreakfast buffettrain stationcorner roomhotel is in a great locationfitness centerdowntown areacook inletbed was very comfortablefew blocksvaletconferencedoormanrailroad
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Downtown location is great and the breakfast. Rooms are small with double beds that are uncomfortable. Had to open windows to cool down room because engineering could not move the temps greater than 10 degrees at most. The little fair with amusement rides was right across the street in the parking lot so with the windows open, the screams from kids on the rides were loud! So you figure it out: sweat to death or stay awake with the noise. The swimming pools was totally out of control with numerous kids jumping and cannonballing in the pools with parents on cell phones. I have found this at every Hilton chain I have been to. The pool was cold and the rooms were hot! We arrived around 8:45pm and our room was NOT ready! Understand it was busy but that is late and we traveled from 3am that morning. I actually cancelled my Hilton reservation for Mar 7-9 return before flying out and booked my room at the Marriott on 7th Avenue which I was much more pleased with while paying $30 less for more room, a thermostat that worked, wonderful fluffy pillows and fast service. And it was ready when I got there! The elevators were extremely slow, like 5 minutes, and at the Marriott, they arrived within 60-120 seconds. To excel, Hilton could look at the Marriott business model with impeccable service and the customer can control their environment without having to "make do." To give some credit, it was a busy time but 19 hours traveling just makes you want a bed right away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank IslandStyleGirl
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This hotel is in a great location! It's in the center of downtown Anchorage and you're able to walk to restaurants and shops easily.

I was there for the Iditarod and the hotel is almost the beginning of the starting line!

The rooms are very nice. Only downfall is there is no free wifi in rooms. You have to pay if you want wifi.

The cafe in the hotel was very good. We had the breakfast buffet. They've got everything from omelets, pancakes, yogurt, cereal, biscuits and gravy, fruit, to pastries!

The bar in the hotel is good too. The drinks were very delicious as well!

I know the hotel was very busy because of the Iditarod and another convention going on at the time, but the elevators were very slow! They only had 2 elevators. Just a warning. It's not a break the deal kind of thing. You just have to be patient!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Room Tip: I was in the Anchorage Towers, and that has a amazing view of the mountains!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Mostly our stay was delightful. We checked in before Iditarod and the clerk in front was clueless. We had reservations through a tour group, but she couldn't find them. I won't go into detail. Just make sure before you go that you know what room is reserved for you!! Otherwise our stay was delightful. The waitstaff at the dining room was great - fun, friendly, ready to help in any way possible. However, if you need anything or want suggestions on anything in town - go to Dan the bellman!! He is one of their greatest assets as far as customer relations is concerned. Three cheers for Dan!!! I would stay there again, but I'd have all my room information ahead of time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the level 12 range with a good view of the mountains!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I would rate this Hilton as Excellent for location, front desk service, bellmen and mails. If you want to be in the heart of Rondy or the Iditarod ceremonial start, there is nowhere better. However, it you are unfortunate to be part of a multi-day conference that includes the evening banquet meals, be sure to eat out and enjoy good Alaska food a couple of nights.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Long trip from south florida. I was able to check in early and start my vacation off right. Staff was friendly and rooms and common areas were very nice. I'd stay here again if i ever have the opportunity to go back to Anchorage.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business