“Amazing! One of the best Hiltons ever visited.”
Review of Hilton Anchorage

Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Prescott, Arizona
“Amazing! One of the best Hiltons ever visited.”
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Just returned from 5 nights at the Hilton Anchorage. Here are my comments:

1- One of the nicest Hiltons that I have ever stayed in. Amazing location...we walked everywhere.
2- as Hilton Diamonds, we received 14th floor executive lounge access open Monday to Friday for breakfast and appetizers
3- on the weekends, they give you coupons for a full breafast buffet in the main dining room
4-service was amazing! The staff is too nice and efficient!
5-the pool and hut tub and gym were new and in perfect condition
6- the Bruins sports bar has appetizers that really should be called full meals
7-the rooms appear to be larger and more modern in the West Tower vs the Anchorage Tower
8- there are 15 floors in the West Tower and I believe 22 in the other tower
9- we used points with Point Stretchers and paid for a night as well, but even if you are not Hilton Honors members, the price is well worth it for such a beautiful place
10- I have been told that this is the nicest hotel in Anchorage and I beleive it!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 26 February 2010

I stayed here for business in February 2009 for approximately 10 nights. I had no complaints. The room was clean and the service was just fine. I ordered room service a couple times and it was quite good. The valet guys were nice and loaded and unloaded our huge Pelican boxes without being asked. Again, I have no complaints whatsoever and would stay here again should I come back to Anchorage. However, I thought having to pay for my internet was stange considering I am Hilton Honors Diamond.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2010

The hotel was incredible, great staff and wonderful breakfast and dinner

Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 28 November 2009

I stayed in at this hotel 4 nights and I was extremely disappointed. There are much better and cheaper places to stay in Anchorage. It is more than a motel - small, dirty and dark rooms (not cleaned during my stay, even I complained)
The customer service was awful. They just did not know anything what you asked about. Waiting for room service for 1hour, they charged me for phone calls which I did not make, etc... Nightmare!
The worst Hilton hotel I ever been! Go to The Captain Cook or even Holiday Inn and you will have better stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 17 November 2009

Luckily, Anchorage was a business trip I got to make every year, and I got to stay for 4-6 months every time. I always stayed at the Hilton and could never complain. The staff was always very good to me and treated my like a part of the hotel family. I've stayed in rooms in the older part of the hotel, as well as the newer tower. The newer tower was definitely more comfortable and cleaner, and the views were much better.

The restaurants were great, but The Top of the World Restaurant on the 15th floor was fabulous. (I hear it's closed now, and not sure why. That was one of the best things about the hotel.) The location was perfect because I could walk all over downtown and was very close to the Mall. The hotel parking lot was home to the Fur Rondy Fesitval, which was so much fun every year; and the start of the Iditarod Sled Dog race was only a few blocks away.

I know most people don't think about going to Anchorage in the winter, but it's really the most amazing time to go. That is when you can really experience what Alaska is all about.

It's been a while since I was there, and I hope to get back very soon with my boys. But, with all the new hotels popping up in Anchorage, I'll probably try a new place next time. Not because I wasn't happy with the Hilton, but just for a change.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Simply amazing that a Hilton would not have internet in the rooms working during one of the largest annual conventions in Anchorage (Alaska Federation of Natives). Luckily, I have a friend staying at the Captain Cook and he gave me their wireless code, as I am on the West Wing of the Hilton and can pick up their network. The Hilton is clean, functional in all other respect, but not to have internet working, and no idea of when it may work belies the name "Hilton."

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Hong Kong / Ireland
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Not impressed at all! A very boring hotel, with rooms as basic as any holiday Inn type, with a large price tag. No brekkie for a $279 room. Bar lacked any character as did the entire building.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple