Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Parkwood Inn(Anchorage)
View Hotel
All reviewsjuno restaurantfront deskexecutive levelthe club loungefree breakfast buffetclose to the airportfrequent travelercab rideinternational airportgranola barsfree shuttle to the airportother hotelsgreat roomtop floorthe hotel is cleanfridge and microwavea great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2011

The hotel where I had a previous reservation was overbooked so I was escorted to the Crown Plaza. Despite being pretty bummed about the situation, I was immediately put in a better mood by the professional and courteous staff who were able to accomodate me. Thanks to Young, the clean and spacious rooms and great breakfast, I had a wonderful stay. Next time I visit this is where I will be staying.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Lynn B
Tammy G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you Lynn!

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Used Priceline to get this room in August 2011. They gave us two beds. The room had a microwave and refrigerator which was very nice.

Not a great room. Parking a little crowded. I would stay here again. Pretty straight shot from Airport.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This is an upgraded hotel that is part of the Holiday Inn family. The facility is very nice with great rooms, meeting rooms, hospitality room for "Priority Club" members and a decent restaurant. Unfortunately during "high season aka summer"...this facility never has enough hot water to go around to everyone that is staying there. We have had issues this past summer when staying in town with getting ANY hot water. The same excuse everytime is " the boiler is getting fixed".....

As a priority club member- we do not have to pay for the internet.

During Winter time visits the hotel is not as full and consequently the hot water is not an issue. We continue to stay here as they do have nice clean rooms that are quiet as well as a decent restaurant. You can get a real breakfast early, a late dinner and a beer at the bar.

We still recommend this as a good hotel to stay at....just beware the summer hot water situation.

Room Tip: Obtain a room that does not face International or C Street.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

- WiFi is available, but you have to pay. $10 for a day, and it is slow;
- Cleanliness is marginal; and,
- Lots of marble = $$$.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
johnwewing, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

We are very appreciative of the compliment regarding staff as well as the critique of our JUNO Restaurant! I am confused by the comment about paying for slow internet as we do not charge for WiFi or wired access and it is quite fast service. Also, having ceramic tile throughout, not marble, causes me to think perhaps this review is a mixed bag of multiple hotels. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review of my hotel!

Reviewed 30 September 2011

The room was dirty when we checked in
-soda cups left from previous guests still under the sink, along with other trash
-table was sticky like it hadn't been wiped down
- there were fingerprints and smudges all over the dressers that you could easily notice, like they hadn't been cleaned off -ever

After telling the front desk about the room being dirty and leaving for 4 hours, when we came back the room was still dirty. And the only thing the front desk lady had to say was "well do you guys want to come down to the lobby while we go clean it?"
By this time we already had all of our stuff in the room, the house keeper wouldn't know what to clean..

We stayed in the King Executive Spa Suite which included a jacuzzi tub, and on top of all the problems we had already had, the jacuzzi didn't hold the water and the jets didn't work.

The room itself it's very nice and spacious. It would have been a great stay if it weren't for the problems we had.

I don't usually complain but this was definitely not worth the $200 that we paid to stay one night here. We won't be staying here again..

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Chelsearose29

I am deeply embarassed that you experienced what you did as a guest of my hotel! I have made changes in my management team that should resolve the issues that you faced. Should you choose to give us another chance at providing the true Crowne Plaza experience, please ask for the General Manager. Thank you for your review.