We stayed here before and after our land excursion with John Hall's Alaska so this hotel was not chosen directly by us. However I would stay here again if I ever go back. The airport proximity is great as well as the comfy beds, large room, long drapes with clip to close them, well appointed bathroom for just a few things. We did not have a rental car, but used the hotel shuttle to go downtown and back. It has specific times for departure and pick up, but we were told that we could call them if we needed to be picked up early, which we did. Everyone seemed friendly that worked there and we liked the decor too.
As far as the Juno Restaurant the breakfast buffet was a little pricey but a lot of choices were offered. Our dinner meal was okay. I was disappointed in the scallops that I had the first night since I was looking forward to having a lot of seafood while in Alaska. They were overcooked a bit so somewhat tough.
All in all this was a great experience and we would go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you seek the best of Anchorage, discover the experienced staff and stylish elegance of the Crowne Plaza Anchorage Mid-Town. Located in accessible midtown Anchorage, the Crowne Plaza hotel is just minutes from downtown, shopping, the Alaska Railroad Station, H2Oasis, Dena ina Convention Center, the Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center and the Alaska Zoo. Just 2 miles from the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport, the Crowne Plaza Anchorage Mid-Town makes your ride fast and comfortable in their complimentary shuttle. Savor a pleasant meal in the Juno restaurant or enjoy a cocktail before turning in for the night to your Sleep Advantage room.Business travelers will feel right at home at the Crowne Plaza Anchorage Mid-Town - generously sized work desks, free wireless and wired high-speed Internet access (HSIA). Located nearby are local companies such as British Petroleum (BP), Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, Alyeska Pipeline, CH2M Hill, Denali - The Alaska Gas Pipeline, Providence Hospital, Alaska Regional Hospital, Alaska Native Medical Center and the University of Alaska.Hotel guests will quickly realize Crowne Plaza is The Place to Meet. Whether holding a convention, banquet, board meeting, reception or informal event, your comfort and success are ensured. No matter if you are on your way to an adventure in remote Alaska, or here to experience Anchorage s big wild life you will find Crowne Plaza The Place to Meet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown Hotel Anchorage
- Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown Alaska