“Loved It!”

Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown
Ranked #13 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 July 2010

My family and I just returned from an 8 day trip and we could not have picked a better place to stay. Just 10 minutes, one straight shot, from the airport, easy to find and plenty of parking. Close enough to downtown without the hassle of the crouds or traffic.The hotel staff was friendly and professional. Our 2nd floor room offered somewhat of a view, however, I'm sure the view was better from the upper floors (6 in all). There are a number of nearby restuatants, but the best, by far, is the hotels own "Juno". I recommend the "Captains Platter" and for desert, you have to try the fried cheesecake with fruit topping and chocolate dipping sauce. Absolutely to die for! I would choose this hotel again in a heatbeat.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown

Reviewed 6 June 2010

At first glance all at the less than year old Crowne Plaza Anchorage is very pleasant and new. As many before me have pointed out, it's convenient for those using the airport. Large rooms, in house restaurant, decent mattresses, large screen tv, free wifi, large walk in shower, fridge, duvet covers, free shuttle - all seems to be great set up.

The business center, housing two computers, is located next to the mechanincal shaft of the elevator. I had issues with my airline reservation and difficulty in downloading my boarding passes. Trying to use the phone while on the computer was almost impossible due to the very loud whine of elevator shaft . There's a lot of room in the ground floor. They could easily have put the business center in another location.

But what had me very unhappy was that you could hear way too much noise in your room. Like many other hotel doors, these are heavy and far too many people have not been taught to close a door but instead let it slam. And these do slam shut. The sound reverberates down the hallway and into your room.

The room next to ours played musical chairs, in out in out of the room for what seemed like an eternity at 2am. Between the slamming and door squeaking and conversation, I was about to call the front desk and demand to be moved.

In the morning, you can hear the maids talking and giggling in the halls, plus familes heading out early. It reminded me of a Comfort Inn I had stayed in years ago.

I had expected more from a Crowne Plaza.

As pretty as the place is, if you want a good night's sleep, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2010

Stayed with my husband on a work trip (we both work for the same company) for almost a week. Friendly service, good food in the restaraunt (Juno) downstairs. No complaints, very low noise.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza as part of our week long Alaska land vacation that proceeded our cruise. We chose this hotel primarily because of the price (it was $50 - $100 cheaper per night than other highly rated achorage hotels on trip advisor). The location is not great (it is 5 miles from the airport) but if you plan on renting a car as we did this is a minor obstacle. Scenic downtown anchorage is only about 10 minutes by car and the city is very easy to navigate.

The hotel itself is nice, everything is new (as the hotel has only been open a few months) and the staff is very friendly. The room was very spacious, and the free internet was helpful in navigating our trip and communicating with family. The hotel was nice enough to let us store some of our luggage free of charge when we checked out for three nights to travel to denali national park as we were returning for one night prior to cruise departure.

Upon check out the staff was even generous enough to have the free airport shuttle drop us off in downtown anchorage for our cruise transfer (which is in the complete opposite direction from the airport). If you are renting a car and willing to drive a bit to get to downtown anchorage I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank newhorizonsny
Reviewed 25 September 2009

Had a room booked at Motel 6 right next door and when we checked in they said we could stay at the new Clown Plaza for the same price as a promo thing. The Motel 6 gal called right over to the Clown gal and told her we were coming. Still the Crown check in took about 20 minutes because the dim bulb at the desk had spelled our name wrong and couldn't find our info. Then we got checked in to a room that the bed wasn't finished being made and some of the pillows were on the floor without cases. But other than that it was clean and nice with a big tv and cable and free internet. So, we took a shower and flaked out in front of the tube with wine and two maids bang on the door and insist on coming in and messing with the bed. They were pretty cool and cute so we watched for about 10 minutes while they tried to figure out how to put the duvet together. Then when I went down the hall to get ice there wasn't an ice machine on our top floor (nice view from there). So I calls the front desk and she don't know where the ice machine is so me and this other dude went down one floor and found it down there. Then after eating our salads and chips in the room my wife wants a damn Snickers for desert so I have to get dressed again and go looking for a candy machine. But they don't have no candy machine so I have to hike back over to Motel 6 and get one out of their machine. Then when I come back the elevator won't work. The door shuts, I push 6 and the door opens back up and I'm still on one. I try this about 12 times until the other elevator arrives and I get on with these drug Scotsman who are pretty cool and go back to my room. Next morning was better as they gave us a free breakfast buffet...probably won't keep that up as it was just a promo thing. Prices now are up to like $140 for a pretty nice room with a nuke and fridge and the wi-fi and tv. Oh and a nice double size shower with a see-through glass door which is cool in some circumstances with the big mirror there and all. But it's now too expensive so I'm back to staying at Motel 6- at least they got Snickers....

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2009

The Crowne Plaza is a brand new hotel that opened for business about 6 weeks ago. We stayed in Anchorage for a day immediately following an Alaskan cruise. The Crowne Plaza is conveniant to the airport and downtown, however, we chose to rent a car to come and go with ease. The rooms were large and comfortable and all amenities were included in the price. There is also a free shuttle to the airport. Staff members were very accommodating, pleasant and ready to answer questions and provide service. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel, but we chose to eat other venues simply because we were frequently on the road touring/sight-seeing etc. We would definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2009

We selected this hotel just a few days before beginning our unplanned trip. It was great! The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and the beds are very very comfortable. The kids enjoyed the pool. The parking was great; especially for lugging numerous shopping bags of school supplies to our room to pack in our suitcases. We will certainly consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business