“New and clean with modern features”

SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake
Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My husband and I stayed for one night at the Spring Hill Suites at University Lake after a late flight into Anchorage. This was the perfect choice. The hotel staff very friendly and accommodating. The hotel was about a 10 minute drive from the airport. It was close by, but not right at the airport. The hotel rooms were new, clean, and modern with updated features such as an I Pod dock on the bedside table. We were pleasantly surprised by their breakfast spread, which included assorted cereals, bagels, English muffins, donuts, pastries, warm biscuits with gravy, scrambled eggs with cheese, and even a “make your own waffle” station. I highly recommend the Spring Hill Suites at University Lake if you will be staying over in the Anchorage area.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Although the Spring Hill Suites is a budget level Marriott, I really enjoyed this one.

The hotel is right on a lake and is refreshingly calm. Staff is helpful and accommodating. I loved sitting around the fire pit.

The hotel is only a few years old. It is a little out of the way

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Fantastic customer service (typical with any Marriott), vast breakfast selection, they even have a laundry room! If I'm ever in Anchorage again, I'll definitely check here first.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night after driving around Alaska for a week. The hotel is modern and comfortable. We booked an executive suite and really liked the layout and view a lot. This is a great hotel if you like the peacefulness of Alaska verses the noise of a city. It backs up to a beautiful lake that has mountains behind it and it is in a quiet neighborhood. There is a gate out back that leads to a nice trail around the lake that we walked and visited with some locals. Great breakfast and there is a fire bowl out back for chillin' in the evenings too. This is a great location just a few minutes from downtown and a few minutes from the airport. If you have your own rental car I would stay here rather than downtown!

2  Thank Nerzie
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We liked everything physical in this hotel - the room, the design, the layout, etc. It's a little way from downtown but a very nice place to call home when away from home. However, we were not happy with a few of the human aspect of this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank visitortraveler
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake for 2 nights in July 2011 and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a great value for hotel in Anchorage (which is pretty pricey during the summer tourist season). They have a AAA rate which we booked and it was very reasonable.

The location of the hotel may not be in downtown but the free shuttle bus goes everywhere, including midtown, downtown etc.(with advance reservation). We took it from the airport on our night of arrival so that we did not have to rent a car until the next morning (since we arrived really late anyway) and saved at least 1 day of car rental. Then the next morning we just took the shuttle to the airport to pick up the rental car.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised by the bag of chocolate covered raisins that the hotel staff gave us upon check in as a Marriott Rewards member. That 8 oz bag of chocolate covered raisins lasted us the entire trip in Alaska and accompanied us to many hikes!

This hotel is contemporary in design (which I like) and the free breakfast is more than sufficient. I am glad I followed the tripadvisor advise and booked this place.

2  Thank Jls3721
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights with my young nieces. The lobby, hotel rooms and bathrooms really are very sharp; nicely decorated, brand new and very clean. I love a nice hotel bathroom!!! One room with a small couch was the perfect size for us. The pool and jacuzzi were nice but a bit crowded for my taste. Breakfast was fine. I would definitely stay here again. The hotel is right near a dog park and small lake so it was fun for us to walk over there. I also like that it isn't in downtown but rather a pretty area near the universities. Staff were friendly and comped us a movie since we had an issue with noise one of the nights!

• Stayed: July 2011