SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
“A Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights. Rooms were clean and comfortable. This was the second time we had stayed here and we were not disappointed. Very helpful staff, great breakfast, nice outdoor fire pit. We have stayed at other Anchorage hotels and this soars above them.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Teresa C
Chris R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Teresa C,

Wow! Thank you for the very kind words and great review regarding your stay with us. The team here strives to provide nothing short of a perfect stay for all of our guests and when the hard work and dedication is being recognized, it makes it all worth it.

Thank you again and we hope to be at your service again in the future!

Chris J. Racanelli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Alice, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is one of the nicer hotels in Anchorage. Clean comfortable rooms. We stayed in a king suite with a sofa bed. It was roomy enough for 3 adults. Our room had a sink and commode in one room, and a nice shower in a separate area.Check in and out was on the slow side. This was the only negative I can remember.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear echampjr,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review regarding your stay with us as well as the kind words about our property. I also wanted to apologize for the slow check-in and check-out times and will work with my Front Office Manager on helping the team become more efficient.

We look forward to being at your service again in the future!

Park City, UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Quiet, convenient, comfortable, and so much more than we were expecting for our 1 night layover in Anchorage before driving down to Seward for a few days. I hope all of our lodging on this first trip to Alaska is as nice. We arrived about midnight and were quickly checked in. Delighted to find our room so spacious, clean, and well equipped. Bed was comfortable. The breakfast that was included was delicious. I appreciated that the staff brewed a huge pot of decaf coffee at my request when I didn't see any on hand. Really a pleasant respite after a long trip. I would highly recommend and would stay again on a future trip to Anchorage.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jfjjfj
Chris R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear jfjjfj,

Thank you so much for the kind remarks regarding your stay with us. I'm happy to hear that your first trip to Alaska started off positively and hope the rest of your travels also exceeded your expectations.

We absolutely look forward to being at your service again in the future.

Cody, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days before heading to Homer..could of stayed here the whole 10 days. Very relaxing and clean. The breakfast was great as well as friendly staff. The lake behind the hotel was the best part of the whole stay. In Anchorage but feels like your out in the middle of novwhere. Will come back next year.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Chris R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Ayda H,

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your stay with us. I couldn't be happier to hear that we exceeded your expectations allowing a comfortable and enjoyable stay!

I definitely appreciate your feedback and look forward to being at your service again next year!

São Paulo / Brasil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for just one night, but we could stay more if necessary. Nice and clean room with enough space for our family , good Internet conection. Maybe the breskfast area could be a little big, but it's ok.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jeff_Carc
Chris R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Jeff_Carc,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. I truly appreciate the time you took to review our hotel and am happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again and I look forward to being at your service again in the future!

Denison, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is my second time to stay here, I love this property the rooms are a good size with the shower and toilet are in a separate area from each other. The lake behind the hotel is great for walking and their is a resident beaver that may be spotted. We had a room on the second floor facing the lake with great views.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room facing the lake.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Chris R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Newlkat,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. Its wonderful knowing our guests are truly enjoying their stays with us that they return time and time again. I'll share your comments with my team as well.

On a personal note, I see you're from Zephyrhills. My wife and I were in Dade City a few months back and really enjoyed that part of the state. Very beautiful out there.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Chris Racanelli
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is where you want to stay in Anchorage, no questions asked. Most of the city is just a bit run down, but the area near UAA and APU is pretty nice. The SpringHill Suites is situated about 15 seconds away from APU and 30 seconds from UAA. If you wanted, you could walk to each campus which is much better than walking down a busy city street.

We checked in very late--about midnight since our flight didn't get in until 11:15. It was still somewhat light out, and there was a gentleman at the desk who checked us in quickly to two rooms on the third floor. We made our way up and were pleasantly surprised by the rooms. They have a small sitting area with 2 sofas, a small table, and a desk. Two standard comfy Marriott beds, a dresser, a night table, and a TV graced the rest of the room. The bathroom was oddly split up into two rooms. One was a shower and a big sink and the other was a toilet with a small sink. I actually liked this setup. This way, you didn't have to be bothered in the shower if someone had to use the restroom and vice versa. The shower was very nice and the water was decently hot. Overall, I really liked the SpringHill Suites room compared to Courtyards.

They offer free breakfast which I didn't take advantage of, but other members of my family said it was pretty good. Housekeeping was fine, although one day at about 9:40, I was lying in my bed and my sister had just gotten back from breakfast, so the door was unlocked. Housekeeping knocked three times quickly, and I didn't process what it was quite fast enough so she walked in. After entering, she profusely apologized and left. Not really a negative, I just thought it was a little humorous.

Compared to how other hotels look in Anchorage, the SpringHill Suites could top the list. Great rooms, free breakfast, good staff. 5 stars!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake or back of the hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chris R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear adscram14,

Wow, what an awesome review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I will definitely share it with my team to let them know the hard work they put in on a daily basis is not going unnoticed!

I apologize for the prompt housekeeping entry. I'll address this with everyone to make sure they get a response from the guest before entering the room.

Should you travel to Anchorage again, we would love the chance to again be at your service. Thank you again.

Chris Racanelli