“Great respite after long flight”

Comfort Suites Anchorage International Airport
Ranked #15 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed here 5/25 after long flight from Florida. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, free Internet, nice decor in room and best of all reasonable rate, pre-booked on line. Friendly staff. Rented car so did not use shuttle, but many people in hotel did.
Breakfast nice mixture of hot and cold items, tended to constantly. The blueberry make your own waffles were a treat. Wanted to stay here again upon our return to Anchorage, but they do not have a free shuttle to the train.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 April 2012

The staff at this hotel were VERY HELPFUL. I was on a business trip which I extended. I like to stay at a Choice Hotel as I earn free nights which I use when traveling on personal vacations. After a long flight from Texas to Alaska a shuttle picked me up at the airport. My room was on the third floor at the end of the hall, and it was very clean. The free breakfast was quite good and they serve an evening menu as well which appeared to be a popular spot for locals as it was busy each night I was there. I did not eat the evening meal as my clients already made dinner plans for me so I can't rate it. I have been to Anchorage several times and stayed in more expensive hotels and never got the service from the staff I got here. Skip the high dollar places, stay here.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side of the tracks will have a TEN AM train; but it was funny, as it was a very slo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank mrsmeber99
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed here for the night before our flight out of Anchorage so we would have a 5 minute drive to return our rental car and get our flight. This is a new property and well kept up. It is on a busy highway and right next to the railroad. We were there in the winter, however, so the trains were not running, and our room was on the opposite side of the building from the road. So it was very quiet. The room was huge and very comfortable. The bed was comfy with comfy pillows and bedding. The bathroom had granite counters and walls in the shower and was very clean and bright. There was a fridge and microwave in the room that is always appreciated. A full service restaurant was in the hotel, but we chose to eat out. It is the same space used for the nice breakfast the next morning that contained both hot and cold items. We booked the Comfort Suites because of the reviews on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. It was clean, new, comfortable, quiet and convenient. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: In the summer, I would definitely choose a room on the side of the building away from the highway an...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Splanky
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This is a very belated review.

Stayed here very briefly in March 2011 due to a scheduling snafu at another nearby hotel.
The night staff (one employee in particular) was very friendly, helpful, and concerned over getting me a room so I could get some sleep.

The room itself did not make a terrific first impression; the couch near the door was stained, which made me wonder about the cleanliness of the room, though the rest of the room seemed fine. The bed was comfortable enough, but the room overall had a drab feeling.

My main concern was that the room did not warm up quickly, and the heater seemed to just be blowing air. (Temperature was 5 degrees with 40 mph wind gusts). I could have requested another room, but being very tired I decided to just go to bed wearing my heated gear. By morning the room was extremely warm; however, the slow heating system--at least in that room--is the reason I have decided not to stay here on my upcoming trip in February 2012.

I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast while watching the local news in the dining area, a very relaxing and pleasant experience. The day staff graciously called the other hotel to see if my room was ready, and I checked out without any problem.

In summary: Convenient location, excellent staff and nice breakfast, but unfortunately a room that needed some improvements.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank cjs123
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Loved basically everything about this place- its quiet, good location, and for a reasonable price. The beds are super uncomfortable though, but that's coming from a 6 month pregnant woman, so it might just be me.

Otherwise it's a win in my book!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank akgrowngirl
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This hotel is fairly new and is located very close to the airport. It is perfect for late arrivals or early departures. I arrived pretty late, but the free shuttle came quickly. The room was very nice (small suite) with a fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had lots of counter space, was clean with nice toiletries. There is a small business center, gym and pool. The breakfast had hot and cold choices. I would stay here again if I arrived late, but do prefer hotels closer to town for longer stays. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the main road which is always busy no matter what time of day it is. I did find the cable channels a bit limited, but for short stays, that should be a non-issue anyway.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank debbiejo
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed on our way home from our trip to Alaska. We had been Salmon fishing and had 45 lbs. of fish we had caught and froze. The Hotel staff kept it frozen for us and loaded it on the shuttle the next day and whizzed us off to the airport. We arrived home with frozen salmon. The room was clean, comfortable and roomy. We would return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family