“Local Asian Fusion”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Local Asian Fusion”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My wife and I have visited here before but it had been quite a while and I had a desire to have the Seared Scallops Linguini which I loved in the past. In the past, the restaurant filled up quickly and we would have to wait. There is not much of a waiting area, so we decided to get there early - about 5:30 pm. When we arrived, there was plenty of room and even though it was a Friday evening, the place never really filled up. My wife ordered the special of the day which was sesame crusted Mahi mahi served over noodles with curry sauce. The fish was cooked perfectly and delicious. My seared scallops was as wonderful as I remembered. The service was a little slow, but the great food overcame that.

• Visited February 2013

“Excellent variety of foods and appetizers”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I have eaten here twice and both times left very satisfied and very full. They have awesome hours, so if you like to eat late night, the option is there! They also have a nice little selection of beers to choose from if you like to have a tasty beverage with your meal. I especially enjoy the large variety of appetizers, just in case your not in the mood for a larger meal. Both times the service was fine, no issues there. The first time, my husband and I did eat on the patio; but this was in June during the one nice day of summer. I would highly recommend this if you like to people watch. Overall its a great time!!

Kettering, Ohio
“Sensational breakfast”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

A must stop for breakfast in Alaska. The sourdough pancakes are gourmet treats with real maple syrup. Best cup of cappucino in Alaska also. Service was excellent and friendly. Location is convenient walk to downtown hotels and shopping.

Lancaster PA
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Recommended by a City worker when we stopped and asked him a good place to eat, it ws all he said it was. A mixture of Alaskan and Asian cuisine, it was beautifully presented and tasted wonderful! Eating on the little patio outside made it even better on a pretty day. Definitely give them a try!

Visited August 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“Great food - spotty service”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I was in Anchorage on business staying at the Hilton just around the corner from this restaurant. It has several wonderful things going for it, and one problem - the service, particularly at lunch time. I ate here several times for both lunch and dinner, so let me start with the one problem because I don't want to leave too negative an impression. At lunch time the service is so "nonchalant" it borders on negligent. Once, after being promptly seated, I finally had to go ask the staff standing about if I could please put in my lunch order. Two days later at lunch, a couple were seated but left later because no one showed up to wait on them. So at lunch be prepared to be assertive about asking for service or being clear about how long you have to eat. I did NOT have this problem in the evening. The waitstaff were always friendly and in the evening professional and very helpful.
Why did I keep going back? Because, plainly stated, the food was spectacular. It is unusual fare for Anchorage which is rife with the usual fish/meat/potato fare of Alaska, and well priced. Also, I'm a vegan and my co-worker is not. She had great meal of scallops there she raved about and so did I with no animal products at all. (Be prepared to ask for the vegetarian menu. It isn't alway provided routinely.) Even if you love meat, there are things on the vegetarian/vegan menu you may love.
I had the Tofu Hott Pott (twice) and it was spicy, curried and delicious. I also had a spicy appetizer that would have served as an entree. On another occasion I had the stir fry and rice that was very good. Everything was well seasoned, healthy and delicious. The portions are large enough you may have dinner and have enough to take away for lunch the next day. My co-worker perfectly done scallops kept well for the next day. (This is not easy with scallops.) They have both indoor and outdoor seating (weather permitting) and on one day I had lunch outside and caught a very good jazz group singing on the plaza across the street. Very nice!
With the one caveat about service at lunchtime, I heartily recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank barger52