“False advertisement”

Pho Lena East
Ranked #425 of 889 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Were craving some Pad Thai. Was very excited about ordering it. Went online and searched for Thai restaurants in east Anchorage. This was one of them. Clicked on the link and web page opened. The webpage listed two locations, I called one (on Boniface) to make sure they were open. After that I looked at the menu on the same website that I used to call the restaurant and to see the location. I looked at the prices and they were good in my opinion. So, I put in an order for spring rolls, listed at $7.95 and pad thai with seafood for $11.95. So, I sent my husband to pick it up and he comes home with a receipt for a total of $22 without a tip of anything. So, they charged up following: spring rolls $8 (nicely rounded, tipped themselves a little), pad thai $11, seafood $3!!! So, I call them and ask them why are we being charged something different from advertised prices on their website and some girl with a horrible teenage attitude tells me that the website is not for their restaurant. I asked them how it is possible if the website lists their phone number and address and we called from that website, but all she tells me that it is not her problem. What a piece of crap place. I am not even talking about the food. The pad thai was soooo overly sweet and oily that I had a diarrhea an hour later. The spring rolls can easily be call noodle rolls because those noodles filled 99% of the rolls. I am not even talking not giving the customer what the menu says. According to their menu the spring rolls are "filled with grilled chicken breast and shrimp." Out of the 4 spring rolls, 2 had a small piece of shrimp, no chicken whatsoever, one had some type of pulled chicken pieces that I only noticed because my spring roll fell apart and I could see the ingredients (no need to say I would never be able to taste it inside with all the overwhelming noodles), and the last spring roll had nothing but a little left over piece of shrimp (probably pulled from some other spring roll with a half shrimp as well). That's called false advertisement and is illegal. Most dissatisfying thai food I have ever had in my life!

1  Thank Irina F

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I can personally recommend the tofu pad thai, vegetarian pho and the spring rolls. My wife prefers the house rice with with cashews, pinapple and chicken Everything we've had from Pho Lena has been awesome, to eat in and to go. It's become a staple for lunch with the co-workers as well. The service is personable, but sometimes slow. It's totally worth the wait - a little patience will be well rewarded.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

This is one of those places that you go to once and it changes your life forever. I love Asian food but Pho Lena outshines every other restaurant we've tried. The food is always fresh and flavorful. Thuni, our server, makes you feel like family with her bubbly personality and beautiful smile. My favorites are the red curry, the Vietnamese crepes, and seafood yum but every dish I've tasted has been an exquisite explosion of flavor. Every time. Every dish. And I must confess that more than once, my husband and I have driven 100 miles (round trip) just to feast at their table. It's that good.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Excellent food, this has become our Friday night place to go to for dinner!! Pad thai to die for and absolutely love the Curried Fried Rice. Keep up the good work!!

Reviewed 21 January 2011

Two of us went for dinner. Place was not quite full. It's not large, several tables are high -with tall chairs. Long menu. Waitress gave us advice about what to order with what. Food was all good and, soon, all gone.