“Modern Business Class Hotel”

Anchorage Marriott Downtown
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Michigan
“Modern Business Class Hotel”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The is a modern business class hotel in downtown Anchorage. This is the newest and most modern right in the city center. My Marriott gold status has always provided me with a room facing the Cook Inlet. The room(s) I have stayed in have always been typical Marriott - best pillows in this class of hotel, comfortable bed, and quality furnishings. The bathrooms are spacious, clean, and modern.

The common areas are long and narrow (main lobby). i've never attended a meeting at this hotel, but it is clear this is a hub for business activity.

Service has always been efficient and friendly, I'd struggle to call it warm.

The hotel a couple blocks from the mall downtown and is in the heart of downtown activity.

The executive club lounge offers a nice view, warm evening appetizers, and warm and continental breakfast choices.

Parking at this hotel is limited. The only hotel offered option is valet, where your car is parked outside close to the hotel. Depending on the season, you might be able to get street parking after hours until morning at no cost.

Finally... value depends on your desires as well as the time of year. Off-season this hotel is very competitively priced with other downtown and mid-town options. During the peak summer months, it might be time to break out and use those rewards points you have been saving up.

Room Tip: Get as high as you can - and fantastic inlet views.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jra3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Boston
Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Marriott Anchorage at the end of a 2 week holiday in Alaska and it was my best sleep of the entire vacation! The room was spacious and bright, with crisp white sheets and a thick duvet--very cosy! We overlooked a park and were closer to the Anchorage Museum than the busier part of Anchorage so it was peaceful. We had a car and were able to get away from downtown to find some really great restaurants too! What impressed me Most about the Marriott was the service! You had the impression that everyone working there went above and beyond to be friendly and helpful. We were even able to secure a late check in--all in sll a perfect stay!!

• Stayed September 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I recently made a reservation for a business colleague and I to stay at the Marriott for 6 nights (2 rooms). For 2 of these nights, we received a low room rate due to a conference for which we are presenting. The remaining 4 nights were for a price that was double the rate of other hotels in the area. Given that this rate significantly exceeded the government per diem rate we need to travel under, I called back to try a negotiate a lower rate for the higher priced nights. Government rates were not available (as they weren't under the original reservation). I noted that I was going to cancel out 8 nights and take them to a hotel down the road. That didn't seem to bother them. So I did. Odd customer service policy. And given that we travel and work in AK, doesn't bode well for future business from our company. I'm sure this is a great hotel and wonderful place to stay. But from a business perspective, not responsive.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Greenwich
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I was only at this Marriott for one night, but it was a night of bliss after the rougher hotels on my trip - including the Captain Cook. Stay here instead. The hotel has been modernized and upgraded. It has the nicest concierge lounge I've been in this year and I travel about 70% of the time for work. The rooms are pretty standard for a Marriott but very, very nice for Alaska!

When I arrived at the hotel, my luggage was lost and I was pretty tired. Emily at the front desk immediately upgraded me even though I was using points. This was a life saver for me as I was leaving at 6:15AM. I was able to grab coffee and a bagel before my long day of sightseeing in day-old clothes.

I also had 2 friends who were leaving later that night. The hotel graciously stored their luggage while we went out for dinner.

I will only stay at this hotel in Anchorage.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Valhalla, New York
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed here overnight. It was in the middle of downtown and you can walk anywhere in town from here. The hotel was very clean. The room was very spacious. We didn't eat here can't comment on the food. The hotel staff was very efficent and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Excellent Hotel in central downtown. Close to the shops and good restaurants. Only about 20 minutes from the airport. Amenities somewhat lacking. Only breakfast is the buffett or high prices items from the bar. Best to take a walk down the streat for meals. Also, no snacks available at the suntry shop. Excellent service otherwise

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms on west side are quietest
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The Marriott Anchorage Downtown is PERFECT for exploring the sights in Anchorage. Being perfectly located in the downtown area, makes it easy to walk to the Anchorage Museum and lots of selections for dining. The hotel and our was very clean and the bed was comfy. Hotel staff was gracious and very accommodating. Don't miss this one when travelling to Alaska.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple