Anchorage Marriott Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$100
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$71
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$106
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
US$67
ClarionHotels
Best Western Golden Lion Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
BestWestern.com
Dimond Center Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$140
Travelocity
US$77
US$67
The Hotel Captain Cook(Anchorage)
US$185
  • Pool
All reviewsthe concierge loungeroyal caribbeanwithin walking distancelobby barland tournice hotelbell staffper dayland portionfew blocksroom was spaciouscruise linesnow city cafeonly stayed one nightcook inletbusiness centerfree internet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was a very good hotel to stay at. I like were it was located at. The staff was very nice and helpfully with what every you need. The rooms were very clean and well kept up they came clean the room all 4 days I were there. I had a great view out my hotel window of the mountains. I would stay at this hotel next time I come Anchorage AK

Room Tip: rooms on a high floor with a good view of the mountains
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank freedumusa
Cheryl H, Manager at Anchorage Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Greetings!

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we will see you next time!

Regards,

Sr. Sales Manager
907-792-2104

Reviewed 10 November 2013

It's a marriott. Great, great, great. If you are a marriott member and plan on using your yearly free room ecertificate you will be disappointed. Their hotels are rated by classes from 1 to 6 and the exertificate is only good for 1 through 5. Anchorage Marriotts are all class 6 so there is no advantage to being a member if you plan on staying in southern alaska. Other than that, the place is perfect!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank DenaliTundraTours

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Wonderful to see that we live up to your expectations!

See you next time!

Sr. Sales Manger
907-792-2104

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I did not pay for this trip, I stayed on company business. The Marriott is a little classier than where I usually stay, and if you have a car downtown parking can be expensive. Internet was included in room price (I was there for a conference). The Marriott is easy to reach from all directions, and is in a handy location to reach any part of Anchorage.

The hotel is clean and bright and in excellent repair. The staff was welcoming and attentive. I was pleasantly surprised when the valets offered a money saving approach to parking downtown other than taking advantage of their services. The "welfare check" telephone call from the staff was a nice touch. Everybody smiled and said "hi" in passing.

I left bright and early (5am) in the morning, and the hot water never made it to my shower or sink, but that's probably the reality of being on a top floor. Nice view, but it's better to sleep in and get the hot water. The general manager said he would get maintenance to crank up the hot water.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 14th of 20 floors. Great views, very quiet. May not get hot water early (5'ish) in the morning. Was never a problem later (7'ish).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pdsexton

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback, I am so happy to see that you were able to experience the Marriott Downtown!

Regards,

Senior Sales Manager

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here for a week-long conference because we were offered a special rate. We didn't realize until we arrived that the internet and parking was not included. Internet was $14/day and metered parking was $1/hour if you parked on the street near the hotel.
Although the staff was extremely friendly and professional, the service seemed inconsistent. Our room was tended to only once while we were there and we had to request it. I wouldn't have cared except that we ran out of coffee supplies twice. Room service overcharged us for a meal and didn't get around to fixing the problem, as promised.
Otherwise, the hotel is very nice and clean. The fitness and pool area are pretty good. The bed was quite comfortable but the noise from the neighboring room's television kept us up a couple night- thin walls I guess.
I probably wouldn't stay here again; particularly if I had to pay full price!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather O
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We definitely enjoyed this hotel. They were nice enough to upgrade us to a hospitality suite since both my partner and I were working from the hotel and taking conference calls all day. They were a little slow with service. We had to request extra pillows three times before they finally brought us the three extra pillows we wanted.

The room service was a little slow. The people taking the orders got our order wrong on two separate occasions. Both times they substituted the dish we ordered with a similar sounding dish. I don't think it was a language issue, but they seemed to be very overwhelmed with requests in general, so these were just minor mistakes.

The front desk manager (I think) was very apologetic, and called at one point to apologize for the mistakes and offered me extra points - which was nice - but not necessary.

Every staff member we encountered, from the front desk to the valet, room service and even the housekeepers, were extremely friendly and welcoming. The property itself is very well maintained (maybe recently renovated?), extremely clean, and had great amenities.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, they went out of their way to make up for the minor hiccups we experienced, and if back in the area again, I would certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norman C
Cheryl H, Manager at Anchorage Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your response! I am sorry that your experienced less than speedy service, however I am delighted we were able to make it right for you. We were able to take your feedback and help identify the issues we were having this those departments.

I hope you were productive in your work while you were here. We will see you again soon!

Warm Regards,