“Good Hotel, but may not be good for doing business”

Anchorage Marriott Downtown
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Houston, Texas
“Good Hotel, but may not be good for doing business”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The people are great, however, this trip the internet never worked correctly. I could not even get work e-mails. I reported it, and even on day 2 the issue remained. This is the worst internet service I have had at any Marriott, and last year I stayed over 100 nights. I rate value low, because I could not get what I needed done.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TW747
Cheryl H, Manager at Anchorage Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Hello,

First off, thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Secondly, thank you for your loyalty and your business, we certainly do appreciate it.

As a professional who does spend time travelling for business, I can 100 percent relate to what it is like when you are on the road and are not provided with the adequate tools to conduct everyday business tasks that we have all come to expect and need. I am very sorry that you had to experience that for not 1 but 2 days. I did want to let you know that we have signed an agreement with a company to update our entire Internet system. While we don't have an exact completion date we hope to have everything in place as soon as possible.

Again, thank you for your time and for being our guest.

cheryl.hurd@marriottsales.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Iowa
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed here for a conference and found it to be very nice. It is exactly what you would expect of a Marriott - traditional hotel, decently maintained, very good bedding and towels. It was right downtown, walking distance to the convention center, shopping and lots of places to eat.

The staff was terrific. Friendly and helpful. The hotel should be proud of their staff.

The views from the room was amazing - even on a cloudy day.

Room Tip: The view from the higher floors that face the water and mountains afford an amazing view. Can only...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank freetr
Hello,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at your property. Your experience is exactly how we want all of our guests to feel after staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did!

Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel is nice and convenient with a lobby bar and restaurant that has decent food. This is exactly what you'd expect from a Marriott which is why I always stay at one when I travel to a new city. The bartender was very friendly and personable. I came down to the bar from my room to order a glass of wine so I wouldn't have to pay room service fees and I was surprised when she met me on the other side of the bar with the glass and said, "I'll walk you up." She explained that there is a law in Anchorage that prohibits open alcohol containers in open, common areas and since the hallways are considered open spaces I couldn't carry the wine. So, we had a nice walk and elevator ride together. :) I had a nice stay and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jlee7575
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed while on a business trip. And am surprised that this hotel is#10 . I think the bed and pillows are very comfy. The staff is also very friendly they always greet you with a smile and are very helpful. They also have water with lemons and oranges that is delicious. I would stay here again for sure

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lindsey L
Michigan
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Great location. Comfortable, clean and quiet rooms.
Good gym. Good bar and good food.
Easy walk to many restaurants and shops.
Easy to get to and from airport.
Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank travelinman045
Edina, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located downtown within walking distance of local attractions. This is our favorite place to stay when we visit Anchorage. Gracious staff, clean and comfortable rooms. Nice gym and complimentary coffe in the lobby each morning.
Affordable priced. We have already made our reservations for the 2014 Iditarod!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JFB124
Hi!

Thank you for your response, it is our please to have you as our guest! We look forward to your return very soon. Think snow!!!

North Pole, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Usually we love the beds at Marriott hotels. However, this stay the pillows were hard and kept us from sleeping. The bed was not the comfort level we have come to expect at Marriott properties.
The hotel has undergone a remodel, but seems to have dropped a few levels in professionalism. The view from the hotel rooms is great, but not sure we'll stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda F
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to respond in regards to your recent stay with us. I was surprised to see that you were not satisfied with the comfort of the bed and pillows, this is not a comment we usually see. As you mentioned, Marriott's beds are known for comfort. It seems that we have a room that needs to be looked at, I would love to make sure we get that taken care of, I am just very sorry that it was you that had to experience the discomfort. If you do find yourself in Anchorage, please do consider staying with us again. You are welcome to contact me directly and I will make sure we do our best to make up for the lack of comfort you experienced.

Have a wonderful day.