This hotel is a standard Marriott, nothing great but nothing poor. The staff is friendly and tries very hard. The internet is overloaded but you can do some work if you are persistent. My only gripe is the climate control system. Just like another Anchorage Hotel I've stayed in, in the Summer, the room only has cold air coming out. If you try to select a warmer room temperature, the room will only blow cold air harder into your room. The reverse is true in the winter, only warm air is available. If your room is too warm and you try to select a cooler temperature, only hot air will blow out. The hotel gets really busy during fishing season as well as when buses full of cruise ship guests arrive. The front desk usually has all hands on deck but it is quite a "nut house". The hotel location is good, there are some nice restaurants in the area. Overall, 3 - 4 stars...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy luxury accommodations, first-rate service and an ideal location at Anchorage Marriott Downtown. Our Anchorage hotel's setting is perfect - within walking distance of local businesses, shops, restaurants and attractions including the Anchorage Convention District, Anchorage Museum, Performing Arts Center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anchorage Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchorage Marriott Downtown Hotel Anchorage
- Marriott Anchorage
- Anchorage Marriott Downtown Alaska