“Great bar!”

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Los Angeles, California
“Great bar!”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

First of all, this is a dive bar. If you want fancy food or fancy cocktails, go somewhere else (I'm not even sure they had food, I doubt it!) If you are looking for a dingy bar with cheap beer, a lot of locals, and awesome bartenders then this is your place. We were staying at the Sheraton across the street briefly right after we got off our plane and before we took the train to Seward. The bartender got us nice and drunk and ended up giving us free shots. We wandered out after a few hours to bright sunlight at 11pm (in June) and passed out to catch our 6am train.

Being from LA I was equally stoked that they had the Dodgers game on when we arrived. Next time I make it to Anchorage I will definitely make it back.

Seriously, ignore any bad reviews where people talk about how dirty it is (it's not) or they don't have a Hendrick's martini. Go to this place and order a shot of Wild Turkey and a PBR and enjoy this place for exactly what it is.

• Visited June 2012
5 Thank Scott B

Denver
“Great local bar”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This is a great local bar. Great service. Not a party bar but a great local bar

2 Thank joesmoe00
Boston
“Not a great place”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Its a local bar with local dunks. Although the Bartenders are nice the local natives are not a pretty sight.
It does have good prices but, not the best bar for travelers. Go a few blocks west of there and you will find more suetible bars to hang out at.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Fatmoney
“Poor but warm.”
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

Poor but warm. Do not expect anything gourmet. Even menu, no menu at all, you can order pizza delivery ha,ha... People very weired, but it is safe. Weired, weired...

1 Thank Gourmet747
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great dive bar!!”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I rate this as excellent on a dive bar scale so if you don't drink or want to eat I'd stay out. I stayed at the Sheraton for over a month (2002) on a project and this was right across the street. You could get cheap beer, stiff drinks and play pool. It's more of a working man's bar and I always had fun with the clientele, drunk locals. The service has always been very friendly and I've run into a lot of Minnesotans here. It even has somewhat of a Vikings bar status during football season. If you like bars, dive bars off the beaten path, you'll like this place. I've been back in 2010 and the place hasn't changed. They even have a crock-pot table where people just bring in food to share, allthough these days a random tourist stopping in should not expect to just hit the buffet. I've seen some pretty weird things here but I've always felt safe.

• Visited October 2010