“Fine for a one night, basic stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport
Ranked #27 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night when I had back to back appointments in Anchorage. It was summer season, so every hotel was priced sky high. We just needed someplace decent to stay the night and Microtel was the only hotel that still was willing to offer an AK resident discount and priced well under $200. The room was clean- smelled a little musty, but the bathroom and bedding were clean. The TV is not great, but OK. The continental breakfast was fine, food was fresh, and they kept it well stocked. The front desk staff was very friendly. They also told me they have park and fly for free for up to 2 weeks, which we may use in the future. It is not as nice as other airport hotels we have stayed at when traveling with our kids- rooms not as nice, and no pool, etc., but 2 weeks free for park and fly is a nice feature. Other hotels have charged us for leaving the car for more than a week. Overall, the hotel could use a good remodel and some updating, but it works well for a basic overnight, as long as you aren't expecting much more than that.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Non smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. This hotel is old and needs updating. I felt like I was staying in an old 1990 hotel room. The next night i cancelled my reservation and got a room at the Sheraton in downtown for the same price. In a nut shell the Microtel hotel on International sucks.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
TeresaP9577, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Joseph K,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. It is our goal to ensure each of our guest's have an enjoyable stay at our property, and I am sorry we did not suceed with your reservation. If you have the time to either email me at tpeterson@thehotelgroup.com or call me at 907-245-5002 to let me know further details of your stay I would really appreciate it. Your experience is what motivates us to improve our hotel. I hope you will give us another chance next time you're in Anchorage! Sincerely, Teresa Peterson - General Manager.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Our room had stains on the walls. The hallway carpets had stains. We chose this hotel for the breakfast and because they graciously accepted our two chihuahuas. The 1:00 pm check out time was very nice. The old fashioned television picture had very low resolution, there was no tv guide, not very many channels. There weren't any yellow pages in the room. I know these are mostly negative comments about minor things, but as I say below in my review, i would recommend to a friend, and I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This one is very close to the airport. We did not use any shuttle service as we rented out a car. We arrived late in the night so pretty much spent very less time in this hotel.

The room was good and spacious. The bed and linen was comfortable. The room definitely looked old but we were really not expecting too much. There was no flat-screen however we did not really watch a lot of TV except some news in the morning. The bathroom was nice and clean. The overall feel was good but not great.

We had a morning breakfast which was good. I think we would stay here again if we get a chance to visit the 49th again.

One thing I wanted to mention was this was a little too pricey. But of course, the best bet amogst the other pricey ones for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Okay I've stayed at this hotel twice over the last 5 weeks (not by choice). The location is close to the airport and they do offer a complimentary shuttle. This hotel is nothing to go wow about. Some of the rooms are old old old and worn out. They also have some rooms that are just descent. There is not much around in terms of scenery or restaurants in walking distance. I also think the price is not that much of a bargain but I guess they have cheaper rates than other hotels closeby. They do offer somewhat of a breakfast normal cereal waffle muffins yogurt milk juice etc. the staff however is very friendly and they try to give you information as best as they can provide.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
TeresaP9577, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013