Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport
Ranked #27 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 4 May 2010

The Microtel is a perfect location for your extended lay overs. It is maybe a mile away with a good shuttle service. I payed 75 bucks for a jr. suite. It is a very basic room one bed a couch, microwave, fridge etc... They also have two hot tubs which is pretty great and is very relaxing. If the price is right I will definitely be going back. My biggest disappointment was that I was really looking forward to relaxing and watching some NBA but it was on espn and the microtel does not have espn. bummer. Has wireless which is very nice and its fast. It is safe and friendly. Don't hesitate to email and ask more questions

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 January 2010

1/16/2010 checked into room 106 by the hot tub room... about midnight people started partying-running around the halls & up & down the stairs-opening & shutting doors, so that woke us up, then about to get to sleep and the fire alarm went off around 3am (partiers pulled it...) then after about an hour thought things calmed down and then more teenagers started going in & out of the hot tub room, yelling, partying, slamming doors again... needless to say we were very upset.. I went to the lobby and the night manager wasnt there, so I waitedfor about 10 minutes. She walked up with one of the girls from the hot tub talking like she knew them all. She looked at me and asked really snooty what I wanted. I complained to her and she told me I didnt need to talk to them like that (so I guess i cant complain about the noise???) and said she would take care of it in a minute and walked off... about 15 minutes or so later they left the hot tub. about 5am more people started running around so needless to say we didnt sleep much from about mindnight on. THEN i went out around 6am to walk my dog and noticed that someone had thrown raw eggs on my truck as well as 4 other vehicles. I complained about that too but there was no managment there sunday morning. THey moved us to another quieter room. I called monday 2 times to talk to the manager and she never called me back. I will put a hold on my charges until I get some resolution to our horrible stay that first night. Probably wont stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2009

This was a terrible place. Two leaks in the bathroom, the toilet seat broken, and lights out over the bed. No one fixed it in the two days we were there. Beds looked like someone slept in them before us. This could be a nice place - but they have horrible help. Would not stay there again for free.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I just wanted to say that my stay at the Microtel in Anchorage was above average. I had a unexspected business trip to Alaska and my ussuall hotel was booked. They recomended the Microtel INN and Suites and I sure am glad that they did the service was phenominal and the staff went above and beyond their call of duty to make my stay absolutly perfect!! Supper clean rooms and really nice beds with comforatable fluffy pillows!!
(not the cheap flat ones!)
Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2009

As a frequent flyer from the North Slope I have stayed a few times at the Microtel when the need arrises to stay overnight in Anchorage. I have consistently found the staff to be helpful and courteous. The rooms are always very clean and comfortable. They will allow me to leave my vehicle there for the two weeks that I will be away and provide reliable and courteous transportation to and from the airport. I have never had a bad experience with the staff or my stay and feel they are willing to go that extra mile travelers so rarely see.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2009

breakfast is not an excitement beagles muffins cold cereal. coffee all day. Don't need to bring a hair dryer just ask the front desk and you can keep it for your stay. pets are allowed. Clean and quiet place. easy to get to and the front desk helped me with directions when I got lost and came back over and over again to refine where I am going wrong.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We booked this hotel for 2 non-consecutive nights (our first and last nights in Alaska). Our flight arrived in Anchorage late and we departed very early in the morning, so we wanted a place that was near the airport and seemed like a reasonable value. In this respect it was basically what we expected and adequately served its purpose. We had our own car so I cannot comment on the shuttle service. The free breakfast was very basic, so don't expect much, but that is not necessarily the reason why we booked the hotel so for us something was better than nothing. We also were able to use the free wireless internet with no problems.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these Anchorage hotels
Midtown
My Place Hotel - Anchorage, AK
Midtown
HOME2 Suites by Hilton Anchorage / Midtown
Dimond Center Hotel
#19 of 74 in Anchorage

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport? Share your experiences!