“Rooms Should Be Equipped with Hairdryers”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Florida
“Rooms Should Be Equipped with Hairdryers”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Room is average-spent two nights but separately as we were in/out of Anchorage. The only issue I saw was it's 2010 and you have to go to the front desk to get a hairdryer and when I asked for one the girl said "you need to bring it right back when you are done." Service was a bit snippy here. At least they have a washer/dryer so we could do our clothes. There are now some newer places nearby-Holiday Inn Express and Courtyard that are probably nicer. Has that odd Microtel thing where the back wall is a mirror and lights are above it. There used to be a moose that would wander nearby but we didn't see him during this trip.

• Stayed July 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bellingham, WA
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Microtel Inn and Suites is a fair hotel. It's not the best, and certainly far from the worst. There are nicer hotels in Anchorage for about the same price. Some of their rooms are quite nice, others are not so nice. Some are older, some are newer. Some have a burnt out light bulb or marks on the walls. Some are clean and bright. The beds are always comfortable though, and the rooms are always clean. It's a great hotel for people like myself who have to pass through Anchorage and need to spend the night close to the airport. I wouldn't recommend it to people staying in Anchorage for a visit (unless you have a car). It's quite a distance out of town, and there is literally NOTHING close by that you can walk to for a meal or for entertainment. They do have a shuttle bus that can take you in and bring you back again, but that's always a hassle.... The shuttle drivers are always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Alaska
Reviewed 28 May 2010

We booked two nights on either end of our trip to the States, because the Microtel offers extended parking. However, after checking in, we were told that the program was discontinued due to a vehicle break-in a few nights prior and that we could not leave our car there as planned. It was late and we had to get up at 3am for our flight out, so we decided to check in and would pay for parking at the airport, instead of looking for another hotel.

What a mistake!

Our room was BROILING hot, the heating/cooling unit didn't work, and I wasn't comfortable leaving our first floor window open due to the clerks comments on the break-in. Our room was also very poorly kept, big black marks on the walls, ratty bedspread, and a dirty carpet. Just very very shabby in general. Still wanting to avoid checking out, we asked for a fan (which never came) and finally asked to be moved to a different room. As I was moving our luggage, I bumped the desk and heard a clinking noise. Behind the guest services book was a glass tube with white powder crystallized on the sides. Not 100% sure what it was, but it sure looked drug related!

The second room was okay - at least the cooling unit worked, but we will never EVER stay at the Microtel again! Next time we need extended parking, we'll go to the Courtyard Marriott, where we stayed on our return. Much nicer!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smith717

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

alaska
Reviewed 4 May 2010

The Microtel is a perfect location for your extended lay overs. It is maybe a mile away with a good shuttle service. I payed 75 bucks for a jr. suite. It is a very basic room one bed a couch, microwave, fridge etc... They also have two hot tubs which is pretty great and is very relaxing. If the price is right I will definitely be going back. My biggest disappointment was that I was really looking forward to relaxing and watching some NBA but it was on espn and the microtel does not have espn. bummer. Has wireless which is very nice and its fast. It is safe and friendly. Don't hesitate to email and ask more questions

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
soldotna, ak
Reviewed 19 January 2010

1/16/2010 checked into room 106 by the hot tub room... about midnight people started partying-running around the halls & up & down the stairs-opening & shutting doors, so that woke us up, then about to get to sleep and the fire alarm went off around 3am (partiers pulled it...) then after about an hour thought things calmed down and then more teenagers started going in & out of the hot tub room, yelling, partying, slamming doors again... needless to say we were very upset.. I went to the lobby and the night manager wasnt there, so I waitedfor about 10 minutes. She walked up with one of the girls from the hot tub talking like she knew them all. She looked at me and asked really snooty what I wanted. I complained to her and she told me I didnt need to talk to them like that (so I guess i cant complain about the noise???) and said she would take care of it in a minute and walked off... about 15 minutes or so later they left the hot tub. about 5am more people started running around so needless to say we didnt sleep much from about mindnight on. THEN i went out around 6am to walk my dog and noticed that someone had thrown raw eggs on my truck as well as 4 other vehicles. I complained about that too but there was no managment there sunday morning. THey moved us to another quieter room. I called monday 2 times to talk to the manager and she never called me back. I will put a hold on my charges until I get some resolution to our horrible stay that first night. Probably wont stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
northern california
Reviewed 20 October 2009

This was a terrible place. Two leaks in the bathroom, the toilet seat broken, and lights out over the bed. No one fixed it in the two days we were there. Beds looked like someone slept in them before us. This could be a nice place - but they have horrible help. Would not stay there again for free.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Las Vegas
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I just wanted to say that my stay at the Microtel in Anchorage was above average. I had a unexspected business trip to Alaska and my ussuall hotel was booked. They recomended the Microtel INN and Suites and I sure am glad that they did the service was phenominal and the staff went above and beyond their call of duty to make my stay absolutly perfect!! Supper clean rooms and really nice beds with comforatable fluffy pillows!!
(not the cheap flat ones!)
Thanks!