“A bit run down but clean. Staff is great and view of float plane lake is fun.”

Coast International Inn
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“A bit run down but clean. Staff is great and view of float plane lake is fun.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

I've been to 3 $200-nite hotels in this city this week. Coastal is definitely a 3 but I'd stay there again. Bar is fun with good food. Shuttle to airport runs every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day. Good place to stay if you're stranded at airport.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lynn N
lee l, Manager at Coast International Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
We are pleased you found our proximity to the airport convenient and enjoyed Pipers! We take your feedback seriously and will continue make improvements when possible. Thank you for providing us with comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Apparently the Coast franchise has forgotten about their Anchorage location; the place is horribly run-down, and, at first sight, I was sorry I made the reservation. The front desk staff was pleasant enough, but the room was in serious need of attention. Carpeting was worn, the mattress needed to be replaced, the fridge in the room looks like it was dropped from a tall building, and the shower had obvious mold stains. Lucky for me, I only needed a room, close to the airport, for one night.

It was a Tuesday night, and noise from the hall was consistent most of the night. That normally wouldn't bother me, but I had to be up at 4 AM.

On a positive note, it's always nice to have a fridge in the room (tho I didn't need it); there was a coffee maker (always a plus for me), and there was shuttle service to the airport. The front desk staff was very pleasant and efficient.

I booked online, and mentioned my AARP discount, which may explain all the handicapped accessories in the room, even though I'm not physically disabled. Also, my rate was quoted as $170.10, which included all taxes. When I checked out, that was the amount of the room, and taxes were added to that total, coming to about $190...way overpriced. I think I was ripped off, but kept my mouth shut and was happy to simply leave. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Prices are competitive; skip this one and go somewhere nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your thoroughness and honesty. We wholeheartedly apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Please be assured that our intentions are always to deliver the best possible accommodations to our guests. Your satisfaction is very important to us; and we will be sure to implement your suggestions when possible.

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My family stayed at the Coast International Inn this week before flying home.
Pros-
Close to airport
Shuttle service excellent
Comfortable beds
TV flat screen - cable
Computer and boarding pass printing to desk available
Next door Piper's restaurant very good
Clean room and bathroom.

Cons
I would have rated the hotel with 4 stars however our non smoking room smelled like it was converted to non-smoking recently. We had to open the window and air it out.
I also was not crazy about the shower gel and shampoo conditioner pump bottles in the shower (felt like I was still on the cruise ship I just left a week ago).

I would stay here again with the expectation that I stay in a room with improved air quality.

Room Tip: Make sure the non smoking room smells like it is a non-smoking room!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hawkeye27
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed here mid July for a few nights. Fantastic place. Rooms very clean. Front dest staff very welcoming and helpful. Their restaurant/bar has great drinks and food very reasonably priced.

Jason who drove the shuttle was extremely accommodating and a very nice young man. Lee in the office was also fantastic. We really loved her !!

Would return again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We arrived at midnight to the Anchorage Airport, as my husband retrieved our bags I called on the complimentary phone for the 24 hr. shuttle to pick us up. Within 5 minutes of stepping outside baggage claim the shuttle arrived and the driver was very courteous. When we arrived at the hotel the receptionist quickly checked us in and when I asked if she knew where Alaska Tours picked up at the airport for our transfer to the port in Whittier. She said she was sorry she didn't know but she offered and looked up the number and got the information for us right then and suggested the time to get the complimentary shuttle back to the airport the next morning. The room was dated as others have commented BUT it was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and when you are there for only an overnight sleep the décor is not that important to me. The room was quite and had room darkening shades. The breakfast in the dining room was no more pricey than anything else it seems in Alaska. The cost for this room was over a hundred dollars less than many others in the area. It is the closest hotel to the airport. Our shuttle back to the airport was on time and professional.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

This place was ok, but seriously overpriced for the value... I wish I had gone ahead and driven to my Seward cabin destination, and invested my money there... Heck the sun practically never sets in July anyway, and our cabin by the sea was cheaper... I thought my 7 hour flight would have kicked my butt so bad I would not have been up for the drive... but I slept on the plane much of the time anyway

Room Tip: don't the room beside the step down stairs... clueless people will be dragging their luggage dow...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
lee l, Manager at Coast International Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
We are disappointed to read that you did not find your stay a good value, but appreciate your comments as the help us improve.
Hull, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel is dated but it's also obvious that the owners are investing in it to make improvements. There are new mattresses, new TVs the bathrooms are newly remodeled. The rooms are modest but comfortable and with black out blinds. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was quite good. This hotel is definitely worth a second look if you are booking at the airport. It's close by and the airport shuttle runs door to door 24/7 - you can be down in the lobby to the check in counter in under 15 minutes. There are a few things that still need attention. Exterior: when our cab pulled in from the back of the hotel, I thought he was making a pit stop at a dive bar.. I actually started to worry. The woman behind the check in counter was not as polished or professional as I would have expected, the waiter in the restaurant had his shirt buttoned down almost 1/2 way (it looked really sloppy and borderline trashy) The public areas could have been a little bit more well appointed -- HOWEVER, everything about the room was great, the food, and the transfers (what really matters) was very good. It's also obvious that improvements are under way so it will only get better

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in regards to your stay. We are pleased you noticed new mattresses, televisions and remodeled bathrooms! We take your comments about our staff’s appearance very seriously and will be sure to address them at our next team meeting. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and for your through and honest comments.