“Most Filling Breakfast Ever!”

Kava's Pancake House
Ranked #236 of 889 Restaurants in Anchorage
Price range: US$6 - US$39
Cuisines: American, Asian, Diner, Hawaiian
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I love the home-fried streak skillet, the service there is seriously awesome, very laid back atmosphere makes me feel right at home. I feel like I need to exit sideways because I over-stuff myself every single time, but even if I'm stuffed, I keep trying to eat more! I feel like I'm always getting what I pay for, and then some.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Probably the best breakfast/lunch place in Anchorage. Huge portions, quick service, universally friendly and helpful staff.
Try ordering the philly cheese steak: literally half a loaf of french bread, stuffed with meat & vegetables. Serve on a wooden cutting board with a large knife stuck in it. Definitely a lunch for two!
Pancakes, waffles, omelets are all prepare fresh, fast, with remarkable care for small place.

Tip: Kava now has a second location on Muldoon Road, just south of the Glenn Highway.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a sit down restaurant, the food is abundant for the price. Many times I have needed help to finish. The Samoan influence on several of the dishes adds a special twist to the flavor or ingredients in the meal! Cooking techniques are also part of the cultural influence. It has a laid back family atmosphere. Great value for a meal out with the family.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

For small locally owned and operated restaurant the service was great and the staff friendly. Portions are ample i.e. large. We will go back again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The place was packed on a Saturday around noon. Had a loco moco. eggs could have been a tad bit more done, for over medium. Otherwise very good. My companions had omelet, big enough for at least two meals and very good, and a BLT.. again very good.
Service was slow and toast forgotten on the two breakfast meals. When asked they eventually brought toast for one. Oh well we didn't need the artery hardening from the yummy substance smeared on toast!
Will go back again perhaps when less crowded to see if service improves.